M113, 1/76 JB Models

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

M113, 1/76 JB Models

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

so i was doing the Revell Puma but it crashed and burned, entirely my own fault but i had the dio base finished and it seemed a shame not to use it so i had a root thro the stash to see if i had any thing suitable. what surprised me was how little is in the stash! :shock: i need to spend some money :lol:

but i found a JB Models M113 that i picked up at a show for £2 cos it had no decals

bit of filler here and there

rough idea of what it shall look like

bit of paint and some decals from the spares box...............the stars are actually from a 1/48 P51 Reno Racer that was damp damaged

and finished.................

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: M113, 1/76 JB Models

Post by ShaunW »

No comments yet Beowulf? That doesn't seem right. OK I'll make one then. Decent looking build but I'm not sure about that Puma base. Maybe it's the olde worlde street lamp or maybe my judgement is being clouded because I know the base is meant for a 40's vehicle, but I think it somehow gives the 113 a bit of a time traveller look. Jury's out therefore on that I'm afraid.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

no worries

i know what you mean about the base. i was doing the puma for a braille scale group build somewhere but the puma crashed and burned.....entirely my own fault but it couldnt be corrected. the base was finished and it seemed a shame not to use it and i wanted to carry on in the gb too so i had a look in the stash to see what there was. not a lot was the answer :lol: i need to restock my stash sometime
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Base aside, it looks well built but unfinished.
In particular, the tracks stand out and you were disadvantaged by having them as plastic moulded items.

Of course, it is appropriate that it sits on a Matchbox stand...perhaps just not that stand! ;-)

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”