Matchbox 1/76 Sherman VC Firefly

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
ntrocket88
Active Participant

Matchbox 1/76 Sherman VC Firefly

Post by ntrocket88 »

My version of this venerable kit. I removed the mudguards and scratched the appliqué armor, front lamps, lamp guards, various lifting loops on the turret and hull, towing shackles front and back, British style smoke generators at the rear, golf-tee aerial mount and aerials, and the extra turret stowage box. The general stowage was from Milicast. I painted it in the Humbrol mix for British SCC15 suggested by Mike Starmer and Mike Cooper. The decals were from Aleran and represent 'A' Squadron, 3rd Royal Tank Regiment, 29th Armoured Brigade, 11th Armoured Division in Normandy 1944.

Matchbox Revell Sherman Firefly BLF

Matchbox Revell Sherman Firefly LF

Matchbox Revell Sherman Firefly RF

Matchbox Revell Sherman Firefly RR

Matchbox Revell Sherman Firefly British Smoke Generators

Matchbox Revell Sherman Firefly LR
Neil

'With every model I learn a little more...and then the next one takes longer!'
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Re: Matchbox 1/76 Sherman VC Firefly

Post by Ian »

You've put a lot of work into that kit, Neil. And it's come out really nicely. Well done.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
spitfire31
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by spitfire31 »

Not being an armour guy by any stretch of imagination, I'm impressed by this one.

Creating believable heaviness and authenticity in Braille scale takes some modelling skills. Respect!

/Joachim
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Nice one Neil. That's one of my favourite Matchbox AFVs.

Cheers

Andrew
Up in the Great White North
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Another great finish Neil, you make these little AFV's seem to be in a much bigger scale with the amount of additional work that you put in.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
IvanV22
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by IvanV22 »

You have made a very good looking build, excellent!!! And also some very fine photos of the build!
Best from Ivan
ntrocket88
Active Participant

Post by ntrocket88 »

Thanks very much for all the very kind comments. Much appreciated.
IvanV22 wrote:...And also some very fine photos of the build!
Two hobbies for the price on one! I enjoy photography too...
Neil

'With every model I learn a little more...and then the next one takes longer!'
RUSSELL MAY
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by RUSSELL MAY »

It's a great build ! I particularly like that you did away with the side guards ,that I've seen on a few too many of these kits ,and photo reference historical bears that pt!! one of the concord publications shows that rear part of side guards were used as a tool /equipment rack upended and welded onto the rear (either side ) of the Sherman . I've got a no. Of these great models in my ww2 BR armour units ; GDS ARMRD DIVN mainly insignia with also many M4E4 us ARMOR TF shermans . much inspiration taken from BOOK : a bridge too far ,and the cracking photos of those uparmoured shermans ; being an ULSTERMAN my interest in I GDS ARMRD grp non withstanding .there is a vast amount of internet info on GDS ARMRD out there , particularly amongst WOGELLERS : wargaming modellers !! unfortunately being one I am looking constantly fr varied Sherman mks and builds etc. with an interest in larger scale models too ! IF you are looking fr an alternative scale and are into BR.armour I can recommend WARLORD bolt action 1 -56 th models no one will be disappointed VCs and other mks etc available. I'm working on Irish Guards ARMRD grp project presently with a mixed Gds armrd unit ref to op market garden ;various combat actions of sept1944 !. well done long barrel CAM effect on your model which is not often seen ! GDS offr rex whistler was the inventive young man who came up with the idea (PRE war art student) sadly KIA D day + 6 ??!! outside Normandy . for inspiration check out film: "they where not divided " GDS ARMD theme ;dir Terence Young (of 007 film fame ) who you know it! was ex GDS . thanks ntr88 you can source the warlord wargaming books and rules if you prefer many great tank pics!!

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”