Trumpeter 1/35 Pak 44 128mm gun

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Trumpeter 1/35 Pak 44 128mm gun

Post by SJPONeill »

I really like Trumpeter's series of 1/35 big guns...this is the second I have built...they are realtively simple but look delightfully complex when done and are also a decent size...

As normal, I disregard the assembly sequence and just wing it...

and hooked into the minor filling required this afternoon...

Observations so far...

The Barrel is too long to get away with only two pins for guides to lining up the edges...possibly a ploy to get me to opt for the USD24 aluminium barrel...this really needs to be done a lot better as the barrel is such a prominent part of the original...

Working out the fit of the gun shields requires a bit of trial and error to get the alignment right, especially the triangular sections that go over the elevation piston thingies...

It comes with two sheets of brass, including complete replacements for the gun shields - the plastic moldings are good already and this is rather unnecessary - I would rather have had some crew figures or 128mm rounds to go with it...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
SJPONeill

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 Pak 44 128mm gun

Post by SJPONeill »

Good idea re the jig, Brews, will set one up for the next big gun...have used the circle template before but this barrel has ribs on it that headed that off - even if I had thought of it the other night...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
SJPONeill

Re: Trumpeter 1/35 Pak 44 128mm gun

Post by SJPONeill »

Hmmmm...have just been doing a little more work on this before lights out...have found some mysterious teeth marks on both the 'elevation piston thingies'...of the four year olds here over the weekend, I wonder if it was a two-legged or four-legged variant that is responsible?

Not to worry though, nothing a little filler won't fix and they are hardly visible anyway...

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”