Info needed about Ross Revenge

If it goes on or under the wet stuff and doesn't fly, it's in here.
giulio_gobbi
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Info needed about Ross Revenge

Post by giulio_gobbi »

Good evening Gentlemen,
I've bought the Revell Northsea Fishing Trawler, and my goal it's to transform it into the Ross Revenge.

I need the scale plans, if exist.
Someone can help me?
Sometimes the talent consists exactly in that: try five dozen times when others stop at three dozen...! (F.Labelle)
I think that modeling is a subtle mix of zen philosophy and absolute crazyness - but in my case I would not dare to specify the respective percentage of each......
DH-Drover
Active Participant

Re: Info needed about Ross Revenge

Post by DH-Drover »

I Hope I can. ;-)

Google Radio Caroline and use the contact us link. Ross Revenge was launched as Frea

Dai Semper ubi pura sub ubi
Life or Death there no other options.
Indian Proverb.
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

It does look like a very similar vessel. Ive been doing a bit of research on the Revell kit as I have a plan to convert one to what is probably the most famous ex-Trawler. The Greenpeace Rainbow warrior. The kit is (I beleve but could be wrong here) based on one of the ships built in the Aberdeen shipyards. Later in life some of these ships were lengthened but the kit looks like it was done before this, a check on the vessel length would help here. Sorry I ca't be of more help here.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
giulio_gobbi

Post by giulio_gobbi »

Gregers wrote:It does look like a very similar vessel. Ive been doing a bit ofresearch on the Revell kit as I have a plan to convert one to what is probably the most famous ex-Trawler. The Greenpeace Rainbow warrior. The kit is (I beleve but could be wrong here) based on one of the ships built in the Aberdeen shipyards. Later in life some of these ships were lengthened but the kit looks like it was done before this, a check on the vessel length would help here. Sorry I ca't be of more help here.

All the best.

Greg
Thanks to all.
I sent a dozen e-mail, I hope to get something.
Sometimes the talent consists exactly in that: try five dozen times when others stop at three dozen...! (F.Labelle)
I think that modeling is a subtle mix of zen philosophy and absolute crazyness - but in my case I would not dare to specify the respective percentage of each......
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I don't know if you have seen this but it may be useful.

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/articl ... venge/4470;

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
giulio_gobbi

Post by giulio_gobbi »

Gregers wrote:I don't know if you have seen this but it may be useful.

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/articl ... venge/4470;

All the best.

Greg
Thank you Greg, I know the link and mailed to the modeller, unfortunately I have not been answered.

Thanks for your interest. :)
giulio_gobbi

Post by giulio_gobbi »

I've receveid this morning another Xmas gift.
Thanks to mister George Johson for his courtesy, soon I will have a complete sale plan of the Ross Revenge: :)
I'm an happy modeller!

Return to “Ships, Boats and Submarines”