U.S.S OREGON 1898

If it goes on or under the wet stuff and doesn't fly, it's in here.
deckape
Getting well comfy!

U.S.S OREGON 1898

Post by deckape »

Ahoy
Here is a 1956 ITC kit I restored after being sunk. this is kit comes a long way I bought this in 1856 when i 16 years old with my paper route money. ITC had a lot electric powered kits back in that day more for the bimic builder then for display or either. It ran on two D cell flash light batteries. turning two screws. after i assembled and painted the the kit. My brother and i took her to the pond which was a fresh water run off from a airagation ditch, some areas it was 10 feet deep. my brother was at one end and I was at the other, we sailed it back in fourth we done this for about a week some how she took on water prabaly from where the propeeler shaft. she sank, a year later after i came home from boot camp i walked out to the pond the pond had dried up and i just remembered if i would find her laying somewhere. I found her she was pearched between a huge rock surpriseingly she was intact nothing busted off the motor was shot. so I took her home and boxed her up for a rainy day re build. well the rainy day rebuild was 5 yearsago when i revamped the intire kit and redone everything topside was scrached all that wasn,t is the hull here she is.

Boats :) :) :) :)

Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: U.S.S OREGON 1898

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

deckape wrote:Ahoy
.....I bought this in 1856 when i 16 years old with my paper route money.
Nice model but Just how old are you????? :mrgreen:
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
deckape
Getting well comfy!

Re: U.S.S OREGON 1898

Post by deckape »

Ahoy Dirkpitt
I,ll be 71 years young Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh getting up there sorry for the mis type on the date it was 1956. my eyes were giveing out. Jesssssssssssss if it was 1856 I would be 156 years old a total antigue LOLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll thanks for the reply

Boats

Return to “Ships, Boats and Submarines”