U.S.S. MARYLAND BB-46

If it goes on or under the wet stuff and doesn't fly, it's in here.
deckape
Getting well comfy!

U.S.S. MARYLAND BB-46

Post by deckape »

Ahoy
Here is another of my collections in the world of paper and card. This is the Old Battleship U.S.S. MARYLAND BB-46 1941 Pearl Harbor. I built this 33 years ago useing Edward Wisweser warship plans in the scale of 1/384 17 and a quarter inch,s long. I built this from cardstoick, paper, wire, and wood. The cage mast were weaved useing as circle jig and small copper wire. the ships captains gigs and utilitie and jolly boats were vacuformed. I made wooden plugs hand carved useing plans from the floating drydock book of boats. the 14 inch barrels were turned on my lathe from brass rod. The paint measure is 5d all battleships at pearl were painted 5d with the exception of the Arizona she wore the new 5s dar seablue and pale gray. When i built the Maryland in 1977 I wan,t aware of opperation rainbow five color coded warplans. this didn,t arise until about 9 years ago when some historian dug up the info that was never realized until now. The turret tops on 1.2 were painted black and turret 4 was painted true blue. I didn,t paint these because I didn,t know. Here is the old battlewaggon Mareyland of the colorado class.

Boats Image
Image Image
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: U.S.S. MARYLAND BB-46

Post by ShaunW »

You built that ship out of card and bits of wood?!? Being a confirmed landlubber I don't know much about battleships but I do know an awesome piece of modelling when I see it and that is awesome!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “Ships, Boats and Submarines”