Airfix Scharnhorst 600th scale

If it goes on or under the wet stuff and doesn't fly, it's in here.
todd64
starter kit

Airfix Scharnhorst 600th scale

Post by todd64 »

I would like some information on this kit, I got it awhile ago because it looked old. The box is still sealed and not damaged.

Thanks

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Airfix Scharnhorst 600th scale

Post by JamesPerrin »

If you open it up you'll find out a lot more! ;-) I believe it builds up into a nice model.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
peebeep

Re: Airfix Scharnhorst 600th scale

Post by peebeep »

Brews wrote:Like Airfix's HMS Hood and HMS Suffolk, DKM Scharnhorst is depicted in pre-war configuration. This devalues the kit from my perspective.
Agreed that the clipper bow is aesthetically more appealing, but I'd wager that a good number of ship modellers are pleased to have the straight stem option. There's plenty of other kits with the clipper bow.

I acquired the same boxing pictured above from an ATC colleague who was having a loft clear out. Apart from a few missing parts I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the mouldings, although I'm not qualified to comment on accuracy. If you check out some of the model ship websites you will find a number of nice looking builds, including those converted to the clipper bow. It definitely benefits from the White Ensign PE set, but there's very few ship kits that don't.

peebeep

Return to “Ships, Boats and Submarines”