Revell USS Enterprise CVN 65 1/720 Scale

If it goes on or under the wet stuff and doesn't fly, it's in here.
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Revell USS Enterprise CVN 65 1/720 Scale

Post by MarkyM607 »

Just started my Enterprise, building as is, OOB. Can't manage those 1/700 Trumpeter planes!!.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
jamesaw

Post by jamesaw »

MarkyM607 wrote:Just started my Enterprise, building as is, OOB. Can't manage those 1/700 Trumpeter planes!!.
I know-my eyes aren't what they used to be either! I use a magnifier and reading glasses.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Finished my Enterprise the other day, will have to load some pics. She's not competition standard perhaps but I'm pleased with the outcome. Plus I like looking at the model over and over which to me says it's okay!!. :grin:

EDIT: just looked at the starting post/model pics again. Mine is definitely light years behind that one, but it serves my purpose!!.
jamesaw

Post by jamesaw »

MarkyM607 wrote:Finished my Enterprise the other day, will have to load some pics. She's not competition standard perhaps but I'm pleased with the outcome. Plus I like looking at the model over and over which to me says it's okay!!. :grin:

EDIT: just looked at the starting post/model pics again. Mine is definitely light years behind that one, but it serves my purpose!!.
Hi Marky:

You have to build to please yourself otherwise it becomes a job. I've built the carriers, but I've also built several of the new Airfix planes and the Cromwell this year all out of the box. Having a son of the right age got me building again. He doesn't fuss over aftermarket anything-he just gets on with it! I took a leaf out of his book and am actually getting some production done for a change and having some fun.

I'd like to see some pics of your take on the Enterprise. Considering its age, I think it builds into a pretty decent model whether you add anything to it or not.

Best,

Howard
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

jamesaw wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:Finished my Enterprise the other day, will have to load some pics. She's not competition standard perhaps but I'm pleased with the outcome. Plus I like looking at the model over and over which to me says it's okay!!. :grin:

Hi Marky:

You have to build to please yourself otherwise it becomes a job. I've built the carriers, but I've also built several of the new Airfix planes and the Cromwell this year all out of the box. Having a son of the right age got me building again. He doesn't fuss over aftermarket anything-he just gets on with it! I took a leaf out of his book and am actually getting some production done for a change and having some fun.

I'd like to see some pics of your take on the Enterprise. Considering its age, I think it builds into a pretty decent model whether you add anything to it or not.

Best,

Howard
Hi,
Yes, you're right. I am happy with it, I've just always looked at these competition standard models and known I can't get close. But I will keep what you said in mind, thanks for your message! :grin:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Hi, here is my Revell 1/720 Enterprise. No planes as I wasn't overly impressed with the Phantoms in the kit, they had more of a Concorde nose than a Phantom one!!. Might add the Hawkeye's later though. Have put more pics in my 'own' thread/post, done enough hijacking of this one!! :grin:

Return to “Ships, Boats and Submarines”