Sign-up and Chat

Our 3rd helicopter GB .... odd for a Forum that favors airplanes that actually fly and not those gangly objects that must instead be flown ....
Runs October 15th to November 30th.
GB Leader is ShaunW
SARowl
Getting well comfy!

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by SARowl »

Thanks Shaun.

My first GB and I learnt alot - there's nothing better than a bit of hands on practice.

John
If all else fails, read the instructions...

Building: My first Vacform - Rareplanes Shorts Tucano
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Hey Shaun. Thanks for a great Group Build and allowing a couple of extra days to wrap things up. Where did the time go.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Barry
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Barry »

15 completions! That's a pretty good GB I think.
2012 A:12 B:13 C:0
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Thank you all for your kind comments, they are much appreciated. This was indeed a great GB and some very fine models have resulted from it and, just as importantly, members have also said how they have gained something from the experience regarding their modelling skills. Now, maths is not my strong point, but I reckon the GB stats are as follows:

24 participants building 29 models with 15 completions, which is just under a 50% completion rate, albeit with a couple of days extension.

Of course, your GBL failed to complete, thereby maintaining his 100% GB DNF record - not something to be particularly proud of but I'm easily distracted :grin:

This was my first time as a GBL, I very much enjoyed the experience and that was largely due to the quality of the participants. It was quite intense at times keeping up with such a large GB but you all made it easier than at first I thought it was going to be when I saw the start list :grin: Thank you all for taking part and kudos to the finishers.

Kind regards

Shaun.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Well Done, All !!! Double-digit completions are always good and the interaction seemed to great.

I'll leave it out here for a couple more days for any final comments then retire it.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
mightymikeD
…can't ever get enough Spitfires

Post by mightymikeD »

Up till this GB I had kind of looked askance at both Group Builds and Helicopters in general. Then, on the eve of the GB, Splash and Shaun put the notion of doing the second Autogyro model as part of the GB. At the time I was at a low ebb on the KASKR-1, a kit that fought me at every turn, and needed a push to get the KASKR-2 built. I decided that a timed build with plenty of peer pressure would be ideal and signed up.. I also ended up adding a Super Cobra to the mix, just to fit in.
Fast forward six weeks, both models are completed, I have a couple more Helos in my stash and I'm signed up to GBs out the wazoo and even running my own early next year (Condor Legion.. beat the rush and sign up now.. shameless plug :ha: )
I'd call that a success!
This has been a great experience, kudos to Shaun for running a great GB and thanks to everyone who participated: seeing the quality and diversity of some of the builds has been simply inspirational..
Looking forward to Whirlibirds IV: This Time It's Counter-Rotating
Let's Go Hawks!/Allons 'Awks!
A:B=24:28

Return to “Whirlibirds III”