Airfix 1/72 Apache Longbow

Our 3rd helicopter GB .... odd for a Forum that favors airplanes that actually fly and not those gangly objects that must instead be flown ....
Runs October 15th to November 30th.
GB Leader is ShaunW
Jagewa
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Airfix 1/72 Apache Longbow

Post by Jagewa »

AndrewR wrote:Yes, I think you can take the blame for everything, including the popularity and success of the GB :ha:
I'd say that's fair, it's all Shaun's fault..
AndrewR wrote:Better bask in glory now, the GB is nearly over... :-D
Because soon we'll be going what a great Group... ohhh something shiny and new.. :lol:

You've done a top job Shaun, on both GBL and the build.

Cheers
Jim
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I'll miss this Group Build and the cameraderie :sad: I'll have to get a life now and do something other than coming on here every day chasing up you lot :grin: Well, there's still a bit of time left and I have done some modelling tonight for a change - not much mind but a bit.....
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I haven't finished this build - no surprise there then! - and will resurrect my Workbench Window thread to complete it on there, hopefully before the New Year so that it can be added to this year's rather pitiful build stats :grin: Thanks to all who had a gander and especially to all who commented, with special mention to fellow Apache-ites Andrew and Jim.

IPMS#12300
SARowl
Getting well comfy!

Post by SARowl »

Shaun you can't be GB leader and expect to model at the same time - or can you? I'll watch out for the completion of this build, thanks for organising everything.

John
If all else fails, read the instructions...

Building: My first Vacform - Rareplanes Shorts Tucano
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That depends on the GB Leader John ;-) Yes, I took it seriously and wanted members to enjoy the experience and I tried to maintain contact with the builders throughout. I didn't bother chasing people as we're all adults and I have assumed that life has got in the way of those who failed to progress their builds much past the start line. The last thing they probably want and/or need is me chasing them up :grin: No it wasn't just GBL duties that prevented a finish by me as I can get carried away adding this and that out of scrap bits, which I enjoy doing, as I have with the Apache in a vain attempt to correct all of the omissions. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the GB and feel that you got something out of it.

IPMS#12300

Return to “Whirlibirds III”