Shaun's Von Werra's Express *** FINISHED***

A Single Kit GB for the new-tool Airfix 1/72 Bf109E.
Runs January 2nd through 31st.
GB Leader is AndrewR.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Shaun's Von Werra's Express *** FINISHED***

Post by ShaunW »

Just thought I'd set up the build thread whilst I'm watching telly (Carriers - an everyday tale of a bid to escape a deadly virus in a typical post-apocalyptic USA, by folks who could be your neighbours, apparently). Pics of the kit will follow shortly.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: Shaun's Von Werra's Express

Post by AndrewR »

ShaunW wrote:Just thought I'd set up the build thread whilst I'm watching telly (Carriers - an everyday tale of a bid to escape a deadly virus in a typical post-apocalyptic USA, by folks who could be your neighbours, apparently).
Ah, the American remake of Coronation Street :ha:
Up in the Great White North
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

AndrewR wrote:
Ah, the American remake of Coronation Street :ha:
So you've seen this one then? No pub though for the usual banter, fall outs and secret affairs :ha:

IPMS#12300
mightymikeD
…can't ever get enough Spitfires

Post by mightymikeD »

a typical post-apocalyptic USA
It's set in Detroit then?
Let's Go Hawks!/Allons 'Awks!
A:B=24:28
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

mightymikeD wrote:
No Mike, not nearly quite so bad as that :ha:

Tonight's film in the background is Blade Runner no less. According to the BBC blurb "Sci-fi thriller. An ex-cop pursues rebellious androids" and "contains moderate violence". It also contains fit birds. Dunno if I should be watching this one without a responsible adult being present.......

IPMS#12300
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

ShaunW wrote:
mightymikeD wrote:
No Mike, not nearly quite so bad as that :ha:

Tonight's film in the background is Blade Runner no less. According to the BBC blurb "Sci-fi thriller. An ex-cop pursues rebellious androids" and "contains moderate violence". It also contains fit birds. Dunno if I should be watching this one without a responsible adult being present.......
I saw this at Uni before it was officially released in the UK, on a bootleg video :)
Great film!

"Fit birds?" - are you regressing to age 15 again after your birthday? :ha:

Is there the faint possibility of you finishing this GB Shaun? It would be nice to start the New Year's Modelling with a result. :razz:

Cheers

Andrew
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

AndrewR wrote:

Is there the faint possibility of you finishing this GB Shaun? It would be nice to start the New Year's Modelling with a result. :razz:

There's always a faint possibility :grin: One month to finish a model is going some for me and I think my best ever result as an "adult" modeller was 6 completions in a year and that was some time ago. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not the quickest builder on here....

IPMS#12300
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Remember to chant your mantra Shaun
"Om! Out of box. Om! Out of box". :ha:
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

AndrewR wrote:Remember to chant your mantra Shaun
"Om! Out of box. Om! Out of box". :ha:
Firmly set in what passes for a brain :ha:

I've had another quick gander at the sprues and I'm very enthusiastic about this kit. The A****e might have had certain, shall we say, shortcomings but this 109 looks to be a little jewel of a kit. In fact I'm sorely tempted to rush out on Saturday to see if my man at the LMS has still got the quarter scale new tool in. I did nearly buy both the other day. Although over the last 12 months I've found myself drawn back into the Gentleman's scale, I still really prefer 1/48th for single engined fighters - heresy, I know :grin:

IPMS#12300
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

ShaunW wrote: Although over the last 12 months I've found myself drawn back into the Gentleman's scale, I still really prefer 1/48th for single engined fighters - heresy, I know :grin:

The Spanish Inquisition wish you a Happy New Year
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Aaaaaaaargh! not the Spanish Inquisition!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't get out much. Even on New Year's Eve/Day. Well we did get invited to a NYE party but, alas, Mrs W has been ill with a nasty flu like virus most of the week. I thought that, tactically, it wouldn't be a good idea to go on my own. She's getting better now though. So that means I'll catch it. Best have another New Year's whisky to ward off the germs.

Tonight's Entertainment In The Background is Jools Holland's Hootenany, a NYE regular telly event now in its 20th year. He's had some reasonable guests on this year including Adam Ant??!!?? - I thought he was dead :ha: (only joking, sorry Adam).

IPMS#12300
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

ShaunW wrote:Aaaaaaaargh! not the Spanish Inquisition!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't get out much. Even on New Year's Eve/Day. Well we did get invited to a NYE party but, alas, Mrs W has been ill with a nasty flu like virus most of the week. I thought that, tactically, it wouldn't be a good idea to go on my own. She's getting better now though. So that means I'll catch it. Best have another New Year's whisky to ward off the germs.

Tonight's Entertainment In The Background is Jools Holland's Hootenany, a NYE regular telly event now in its 20th year. He's had some reasonable guests on this year including Adam Ant??!!?? - I thought he was dead :ha: (only joking, sorry Adam).
Well, we are having a quiet family dinner, and there's no way I will last out until midnight. Three hours of sleep last night, thanks to younger son. Having had my main course, I am now back upstairs trying to get him back to sleep - his elder brother thundered up the stairs like a bull elephant or five and woke him up again. :roll:
This is sad :cry: because I was looking forward to seconds, a rather promising spiced Ginger cake for afters (looks like Parkin under a pseudonym to me), and a very nice New Zealand wine, courtesy of Katie's father!
Fortunately, I've never made a big deal of New Year, so waiting up until midnight is not a priority.

My brother's family all had that nasty virus that's doing the rounds in the UK - fortunately they'd all recovered by Christmas Day. I hope your wife is recovering. Miserable, being sick over the holidays!

Ah ha! Little man is sleeping again. Maybe I can sneak down for seconds now...

Cheers

Andrew
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Sounds hectic Andrew and I hope you got your seconds. I love parkin/spiced Ginger cake. After the trauma of finishing up my Apache the box and sprue shots on this will have to wait until tomorrow. No doubt they're the same as all the others anyway :grin: I'm looking forward to this one, should have it finished by Feb :ha:

IPMS#12300
mightymikeD
…can't ever get enough Spitfires

Post by mightymikeD »

and a very nice New Zealand wine, courtesy of Katie's father!
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc? Doesn't really matter much which one: they're all good (and some are great!) Ditto for the Pinot Noirs..
I want the Kiwis to start making more Riesling!

Anyhoo.. Shaun: I have a 1/48 Emil (the Airfix Club kit) and it is a nice piece of work... highly recommend it..but if you switch to 1/48 with all that extra detail and modding options.. can we expect one completion every generation?
Let's Go Hawks!/Allons 'Awks!
A:B=24:28
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

mightymikeD wrote:
and a very nice New Zealand wine, courtesy of Katie's father!
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc? Doesn't really matter much which one: they're all good (and some are great!) Ditto for the Pinot Noirs..
I want the Kiwis to start making more Riesling!

Anyhoo.. Shaun: I have a 1/48 Emil (the Airfix Club kit) and it is a nice piece of work... highly recommend it..but if you switch to 1/48 with all that extra detail and modding options.. can we expect one completion every generation?
I think we might have to skip a generation...

And yes Mike it was a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, of course.

Cheers

Andrew

Return to “The Airfix Bf109E SKGB”