MiniArt Roman Legionary II Century

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: MiniArt Roman Legionary II Century

Post by ShaunW »

A great effort GT and those more experienced than I with figures have given you some great tips. I keep putting off figure painting, mainly because of the difficulties in getting the flesh and in particular the face and eyes, looking right. My past efforts have ended up with faces looking like they've had the fright of their lives due to the eyes looking too large, white and stary! Figure painting is a real art, no question.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

I have a Miniart Roman in the stash but I still haven't mustered up the confidence to have a go at it. I must say that I'm quite inspired by what I've seen on this thread. Youve done some very good work so far.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

If you haven't built it yet, may I recommend a useful trick? Where there are joins on the main parts -- and on the arms and legs especially -- apply thicker polystyrene cement (Humbrol Precision Poly or Revell Contacta) to both parts to be joined, let it sit for a minute or so, and then squeeze the parts together hard and hold them that way with a clamp until properly set. That may take 24 hours. With a bit of luck, the "bead" of molten fused plastic will fill the seam, and you can scrape and sand it, and the odd ridges near the edges of the part, off in one easy process. Trying to fill those seams separately, with filler, is a real pain...

bestest,
M.

Return to “Figures and Diorama”