DANGER UXB

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

DANGER UXB

Post by Purplethistle »

A Bomb Disposal dio for the Battle of Britain Group Build. The figures are converted 1/48 RAF Ground Crew and the bus is a converted to 1940 diecast that came with a partwork magazine.

"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: DANGER UXB

Post by beany »

Mate, that looks brilliant! Could you do us some close-up shots of the detail and the figures please so we can admire it even more. I really love imaginative builds like this. ;-)
Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
nashorn
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by nashorn »

Really fantastic work. well done.

Rich.
Rich.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Brilliant PT, a very imaginative left-field BoB dio - I'd bank on the vast majority of BoB dios to feature Spits, Hurricanes or a/c from the opposition, such as Bf 109E's, being refuelled or pilots scrambling, that sort of thing. This is refreshingly different and is a great illustration of the very real dangers faced by civilians and service personnel on the ground. Top work 8-)
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
gnomemeansgnome
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by gnomemeansgnome »

Very nice. I remember that programme.
Ego no habeo consilium.

ICBM = Insatiable Collector and Builder of Models
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

ShaunW wrote:Brilliant PT, a very imaginative left-field BoB dio - I'd bank on the vast majority of BoB dios to feature Spits, Hurricanes or a/c from the opposition, such as Bf 109E's, being refuelled or pilots scrambling, that sort of thing. This is refreshingly different and is a great illustration of the very real dangers faced by civilians and service personnel on the ground. Top work 8-)
Cheers chaps, my other B.o.B GB build had already ticked off every cliché in the book :-D

PTB11
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by PTB11 »

What a terrific idea. Very well executed as well.
Regards, Paddy.

On The Bench
Fujimi 1/72 A-7E Corsair II
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Cheers Paddy.

The magazine that came with the bus advertised that issue 2 was a 1938 Mercedes Benz 0 10000 bus that at first look made me think, "Where eagles dare diorama! Clint Eastwood and Mary Ure pointing MP40s out the broken back window and Richard Burton driving! :grin: "....even in the right colours.
Unfortunately, research showed that the bus used in the movie was a 2 axle Saurer from 1952 :frown:
The Mercedes looks VERY similar but is a 3 axle and about 6-8 feet longer than the Saurer, my trusty razor saw would struggle to cut'n'shut a diecast.
It would still have been handy for including in a late war German street scene though.

Return to “Figures and Diorama”