Airfix railway turntable

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Airfix railway turntable

Post by splash »

This is my build of the old Airfix Turntable that's still available under the Dapol label.

I don't normally build railways or buildings but after a short excursion over to the dark side as part of this years CBK display build, I have had a go at building OO trains and buildings and found it most enjoyable to the point that I'm now looking at building a vary small railway display.

This build is almost OOB, all I have added is a card base that's covered in scale gravel and simulated grass plus a discarded newspaper to add detail. On the turntable I have stuck down two disassembled OO rail lines (if it was added to a live train set you would have to somehow add power to them but that's beyond me) the hand rails are just simple thin copper wire as I'm no good with stretched sprue.

The small Shunter on the table is the original Kitmaster class 08 painted as a Dutch Shunter unfortunately Airfix or Dapol never re-issued the kit, but you can still find them on e-bay if you are lucky.

My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Clashcityrocker
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Airfix railway turntable

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Looks suitably grimy. I like the leaking fluid stain circle just inboard from the newspaper. :)

Nigel
iggie

Post by iggie »

Brilliant! That's really realistic and the weathering is spot on
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

Good job 8-)
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum

Return to “Figures and Diorama”