civilian test subject

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
rob_van_riel
Modelling Gent and Scholar

civilian test subject

Post by rob_van_riel »

None of those unethical thoughts now, gents, just a test to see who, if anyone, makes decent civilians in 1/32 scale :-D

I started looking for civilian figures to use for an airshow diorama I have in mind, which turned out to be rather frustrating excercise. You can get civilians, but mostly for WWII war zones, and the occasional racetrack (although the quality of those is horrid even on the folder). Still, a Japanese company I'd never even heard of, Kami de Korokoro, had some modern civilians, so I ordered one up to see how good they were. Again, I was disappointed; the figure I got was badly cast, detail was very soft, and I have my doubts about the proportions of the body. No further orders from these chaps, unless I can get a good close look at the product first.

Still, this left me with a lump of resin that wasn't going to do anything useful, so I cleaned it up as best I could, and painted her up with Vallejo acrylics. From some angles she looks OK, from others, not so much..

Return to “Figures and Diorama”