Caledonian Centurion

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Caledonian Centurion

Post by Purplethistle »

Conversion using the Ashley Cole figure from the Airfix 1/9 'England Stars' set.
With unusually good timing for me, I thought I would commemorate a landmark in my teams history by converting this to Partick Thistle striker Kris Doolan. Started on Wednesday 29 March, finished on Friday 31 March.

....gets taken along to Matchday Hospitality on 1st April

...and presented to the man himself after the match where he scored his 100th and 101st Thistle goals to come back from 0-1 down and give the Mighty Jags a 2-1 victory over Ross County! :-D

PTFC ( Partick Thistle Football Club ) OTIG (One Team In Glasgow) FTOF (...errr... Forget....The Old Firm) :-D
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Caledonian Centurion

Post by iggie »

Nice one PT :-D

Is that a leg of haggis? :lol:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Re: Caledonian Centurion

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:Nice one PT :-D

Is that a leg of haggis? :lol:
:ha: Melt in the mouth Lamb, potatoes and some vegetable-ey stuff, followed by blackcurrant meringue pie pre-match. A step up from my usual pie.

I can see what confused you, it does bear a resemblance to the longer rear left leg of the wild haggis. The left legs are twice as long as the right ones to keep the torso level as they graze on the side of mountains. Consequently they can only circumnavigate the mountain in one direction. So to catch them, a beater chases them towards a blocker. As they stop and try to change direction their asymmetric legs are useless and they roll downhill to be caught by the catchers.

btw. the 100 on the base of the figure was relevant for all of 11 minutes! I'm not complaining though. :-D
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"

Return to “Figures and Diorama”