Building completely home made from cheap materials!

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
[Matt]Curahee
Series 3 and Beyond

Building completely home made from cheap materials!

Post by [Matt]Curahee »

Hey guys, so I saw airfix have resin buildings for sale, and wanted some kind of bombed out house for a dio Im working on, but before shelling out for one i decided to grab a few materials from around thee house and make one myself.
I cut a cube-ish shape out of some old polystyrene I had lying about and the broken edge gives a great broken wall effect, i also cut up a bit of an old camping roll mat which is like a light foam you can shape slightly and i cut up some small peices of cardboard. this and the paints are all I used.
this is a shot of it just after gluing it all in place, i just hollowed out the windows and door and stick the mat down in peices to give a raised hill like effect around the building.
i then applied a base coat of black on the building and green on the floor.
Then i dry brushed over in sky grey, and added details to the ground with some ground black pepper and ground coriander do give a dusty effect and the path detail.
All together a simple easy and most importantly cheap build, which i found to be very effective.
I am currently just doing touch ups and the more minute details before i comit it to a dio :grin:
Thanks for your interest guys!
"Vi veri universum vivus vici"

Return to “Figures and Diorama”