The Chase! Tamiya 1:35 Austin Tilly diorama

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
Boldman
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

The Chase! Tamiya 1:35 Austin Tilly diorama

Post by Boldman »

It is obviously somewhere in Western Europe, probably late summer 1944 and a Tilly driver transporting some kit has run across a farm with some goodies readily available. Having helped himself he is having to beat a hasty retreat from the farm's guardian along a country lane...

This is the Tamiya 1:35 Austin Tilly kit, which is a nice little kit. I replaced the rear moulded canvas tilt with scratch built wire supports. The cargo in the back of the Tilly comes from the US Maintenance Shed set, the rabbits eggs and dog from the Tamiya livestock set and the vegetables from a resin set although I can't remember where I got it from!

This was my first attempt at a landscape, using a variety of materials. The tree is tetrion filler around a wire frame. I originally intended to put foliage on it but when I started it looked to awful I turned it into a dead tree instead. The terrain was built up from air dough plus claycrete around the "cut edge" and roadway. The foliage is various static grasses and flock along with bristles from a scrubbing brush and rubberised horse-hair. The "straw" in the bucket with eggs is chopped up sisal string.

I forgot to put some matt varnish on the dog so in these pictures he's a bit shiny - obviously been overdosing on the Bob Martin's condition tablets!
bernard5802

Re: The Chase! Tamiya 1:35 Austin Tilly diorama

Post by bernard5802 »

Very nice diorama, great job :grin:

Regards, Bernard
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Very nice and original diorama. It's not all about big tanks and SPGs. Just one question. Where do rabbits eggs come from?
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Boldman

Post by Boldman »

Lol well you spotted the missing comma!

Return to “Figures and Diorama”