Motley's Hurricane Formation

For anything that has a weather-related name.
Runs Jan 15th to Feb 15th.
GB Leader is Motley.
Motley
Active Participant

Motley's Hurricane Formation

Post by Motley »

Since i proposed this idea, ive been looking for something special in a way to build as its the first time being a GB leader and proposing an idea and all. So what i have come up with is that im planning on building 4 of the Revell 144th Hurricanes. They will built inflight and i am then planning on mounting them in a missing man formation with one pulling up away from the others. Shoulding be hard (hoping they arent famous last words :ha: )

Im hoping if i can get them mounted well it will look and be almost my own little memorial to all those airmen lost during WW2. Hopefully all will go well and i wont face to many problems. I will get pictures of the kits later once my camrea is charged and should hopefully start tomorrow or the day after.

Tom :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Motley's Hurricane Formation

Post by Marek »

Splendid idea.
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

Great idea, looking forward to seeing this develop.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Ah-Ha, this accounts for your "Clear Sprue" question a few days ago .... Clever man, planning ahead like that :grin:

With 144 scale, you might get away with the smallest (1/16") acrylic rod. I've tested by simply taping the parts to a rod and seeing if it bends or not. You could do 3 ships with the rod going straight up(down) into a base, then make an upward curving one but where would you mount it. I'd be thinking of an L-shape bookend or such. You could do all 4 rods out of the vertical part or 3 from the base and one from the vertical. There are various ways to attach aircraft to the rods (see all Bruce's pix). I always prefer my rods to be pointing backward, at an angle, to aide the illusion of flight/motion, much like to common Airfix plastic stand does.

Should be very interesting !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
TimJ

Post by TimJ »

Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing how you get on.
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:9 B:4 C:15
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

A little work has been done to these, just had a slight disruption due to work and the snow but back on track now. Ive got all the parts off the sprue and cleaned up atm just need to get them together and paint them. Not looking forward to the canopies at all :roll:

Tom
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII

Return to “Wild Weather GB”