Honda dream 50

Time to pimp them rides!
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Honda dream 50

Post by syd-baines »

this is my next build it is the Honda dream 50 from Aoshima, i have been wanting to do this model for some time now so i thought i would buy it i dont know yet what the parts are like as i have not yet had a look in fact i have not even opened the box yet along with another kit that i am going to do at the same time
Clashcityrocker

Re: Honda dream 50

Post by Clashcityrocker »

I like the look of this one.

Nigel
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

Kids today don't know they're born!
A lot more stylish and cool than my old fizzy.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Neat. A nice looking little bike. I wish they would do a model of the CB125TC. A great bike and one I would love to own again. I was restoring one but when I split from my ex she gave it away before I could move it.
I will be following this build for sure.

all the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys i have had a look at the parts and Aoshima has provided two petrol tanks one in grey plastic and another one in aluminum look which looks very nice i dont know yet which one i will use but if i can get away with the joint line as the tank is in two halves i will use the aluminum one it looks as though there is a strap running down the lenth of it so might be able to get away with the joint, the parts are nicely moulded with not a lot of clean up to do but the instructions tell me to fit the engine in the frame as i glue the frame together but i have managed to put the engine in frames if i dont fully build them so i will have to build the engine bit by bit and tape the frame together and keep trying the engine in as i want to foll in the joint lines in the frame
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That is a very stylish lightweight bike, Syd. Is it a modern bike with retro styling as I don't remember this model from my youth, the SS50 was the Honda "sports" 'ped back then I seem to recall.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

i think it is from the early 1990s, i taped the frame together and built the engine bit by bit and found out i could fully build the engine before i put it in the frame so i have glued the frame together a bit of rubbing down with wet and dry then it will be ready for primer, most of this kit is plated so i will have to remove some like the brake disc there is two front mudguards one plated and one in grey plastic which i think i will use as it is in two parts with the join line running down the lenth of it so the plating would be spoilt and looking at the box art the piece is painted in silver

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Off to a good start with this, Syd. Personally, I've never been a fan of chrome plated parts in kits and prefer the look of painted.

IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Shaun i am not all that keen on plated parts either, but plating has come on in leaps and bounds recently and some are very well done i have built the engine and painted the frame and got the engine in, i have decided to build this model sotb, the only extra detainlg i might do is the bolts for the frame

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Looking good, Syd and you're right, the plating on the engine doesn't look as mirror like as the chrome I recall in stuff like Matchbox car kits or those Revell funky car kits of the 70's!

IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Shaun i have got some more done, i have built up the swing arm and fixed it to the frame, i am liking this model the parts are going together without any issues not far off of Tamiya kits

Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

general rocket wrote:Kids today don't know they're born!
A lot more stylish and cool than my old fizzy.
Guilty of owning a fizzy too :oops:
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

FS1DX disk brake and 45 mph with ace bars fitted.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Excellent further progress, Syd, that really does look very good.

Not guilty of any sports moped ownership here I'm afraid. In order to keep my parents happy, I passed my car test first and drove the family tin box for a while before buying a second-hand Honda XL-125S trail bike as my first motorcycle. That was around 1982 and the law was changing to ban learner riders from having 250's, hence the 125.

IPMS#12300
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I seem to have overlooked this thread. Interesting subject though; the Dream was produced by Honda in the late nineties but only for a year or two it was styled on their highly successful 50cc racing bike of the early sixties which IIRC had about 18 gears. The newer copycat was a bit more sensible in that department.

I had a Honda 50 at the tender age of 16; an MBX with gorgeous comstar wheels, followed by a CM125, then a couple of 550 Yamahas, an XS400, FJ100 and so on. These days I bimble around on an 800 Intruder but I do have my eye on something a little more interesting 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”