Bond Cars

Time to pimp them rides!
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Bond Cars

Post by splash »

I have just come back from a pleasant visit to the Bond in Motion display in Covent Gardens London. If you are in to Bond cars its well worth the visit.

Sorry for the quality of the images but flash was not allowed and I had to use my phone, here is a link to the rest of my photos.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Re: Bond Cars

Post by mattbacon »

Great stuff, Splash. That first one just goes to confirm how "Silver Birch" is at least as much pale grey as it is silver!

all the best,
Matt
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Matt the attention to detail made me laugh, its great to have text on the smallest of detail but does a 12 inch missile really weigh in at over 199 lbs?

chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by chrism »

I think this is the same set of exhibits that did a year or two at Beaulieu, as they for a while had a small marque/exhibit area with a range of vehicles and other props that have appeared in the movies. Bond is not listed as an "attraction" any more
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

chrism wrote:I think this is the same set of exhibits that did a year or two at Beaulieu, as they for a while had a small marque/exhibit area with a range of vehicles and other props that have appeared in the movies. Bond is not listed as an "attraction" any more
There was a lot more here in London than there was at the Beaulieu show Here is the link to my photos
Regards Splash
chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by chrism »

I agree there are items in your photos that we never saw at Beaulieu. (They seem to have expanded and expanded their range of daft vehicles from stunts in the TopGear area now... )
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Chris Beaulieu is one of my favourite museum, it's a shame if they have got rid of the Bond display, whilst I enjoy Top Gear, I found the display of their cars was more like walking through a scrap yard and a bit of a letdown compared to the main hall.

Splash
bassman
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by bassman »

Nice pictures of the Bond cars. I wonder which DB5 is on display here? The DB5 in the Netherlands has the rotating license plates (this gadget actualy works, when in the museum they showed it to me) that the DB5 in the first picture seems to miss. But there were three DB5's in the sixties and of course one for the more recent films. The DB5 is still the best Bond car.

bassman
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by bassman »

Be careful with the colour because the sixties DB5 was silver. The picture below gives a good idea of the colour:

Here with spotlights reflecting on the car the colour is more "yellow":

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”