Toyota TE27 Corolla Levin - Fujimi 1/24

Time to pimp them rides!
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Toyota TE27 Corolla Levin - Fujimi 1/24

Post by VickersVandal »

Another 1970s Japanese screamer for my collection. Built to early 90s Sydney lout-spec, as per the cars I've owned :mrgreen: 8-)
I wanted to model a KE20 Corolla rather than the beefier TE27 (which wasn't really sold here) but this was what was available in kit form to allow me to vicariously realise the dream of owning one. I drove a later KE35 Corolla (two, actually - 15 years apart) but I was constantly eyeing off the purple KE20 owned by the little old lady across the road....

Wheels are aftermarket resin versions of the 13 inch MOPAR 5-slotters, AKA "jellybean" mags as the style was called here. These were cheap and fitted to most Datsuns and Toyotas back when I and my mates were thrashing these things daily. I may come back to this model later and weather it heavily to look more the part but for now I'll leave it looking clean with a few scattered paint chips (from dirt-work, of course ;) )
Plates are just printed on paper and attached to thin plasticard.

Also: ORANGE! 8-)

Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Toyota TE27 Corolla Levin - Fujimi 1/24

Post by iggie »

Very smart VV :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”