Post by Clashcityrocker »

Nice steady progress Syd.

Nigel
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Honda CB1100R

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys, been working on the swing arm which is now built

i decided to put a braided brake pipe on, also please note the cable tie holding the pipe to the brake arm, the wheel axle is a axle intended for gp bikes if you look close you can just about make out the pin to hold the axle nut,just a little tiding up and it will be ready to go on the bike, next it is the front forks
Clashcityrocker

Some very fine work has gone into the back wheel Syd.

Nigel
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Nice work on the rear wheel, what did you use for the brake pipe it looks excellent?

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

From a former biker....................Keep it up.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys, regarding the question from splash the brake pipe is some braided hose i got from hiroboy, all the aftermarket stuff is from them, the angled pipe union looks a bit to large it did not look to bad on its own but put everything together it looks rather large but i can live with that, the brake pipe guide is some spare photo etch bent around some thick tube with some thin tube that comes with the tamiya kits inside which is just right for the braided hose, for my next motorcycle build i will have to look into trying to make some proper looking ones, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know i am now working on the front so might be a few days before anymore photos
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

hi guys been at the model desk again making steady progress with the front forks which is just about ready to put together as soon as i have done the mudguard, all i have to do now is figure out how i am going to paint the bodywork, i have one or two ideas just don`t know which one to go for yet, think i will have to do some sketches on paper try and see what will work, here is a picture of the front fork components ready for fixing together
i don`t know if the if you can see from the photo but i have used a small watch screw for the ignition, i ask family and friends for any old watches that don`t work anymore and take them to bits and keep the small screws ideal for ignition and key holes in 1\12th motorcycles as well as 1\24th cars
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

ps. i tried to repicate the ironised brake and clutch levers you could buy in the 80s i dont think it worked so i might redo them either silver or black
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Excellent work with some fine detailing Syd, I have a feeling this will turn into a great looking model and I'm really enjoying watching you progress it (I'm another former biker :grin: ).
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Shaun i am also a former biker but had to retire early due to poor health and dvla said they would kindley look after my licence untill i get better but been told it is unlikely i will get it back but i realy miss my bikes, still gives me a bit more modeling time
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

hi guys it has been a few days now since i been at the model desk, i have been w

hi guys itb has been a few days now since i have posted any photos, i have been working on the front forks, they have now been assembled and ready to go on the frame along with the swing arm, hopefully that will happen tomorrow here are the photos so far

file:///C:/Users/sidbaines/Pictures/HONDA%20CB1100R%20MODEL%20makiing/New%20folder/dsc44.JPG

file:///C:/Users/sidbaines/Pictures/HONDA%20CB1100R%20MODEL%20makiing/New%20folder/dsc45.JPG
file:///C:/Users/sidbaines/Pictures/HONDA%20CB1100R%20MODEL%20makiing/New%20folder/dsc46.JPG

file:///C:/Users/sidbaines/Pictures/HONDA%20CB1100R%20MODEL%20makiing/New%20folder/dsc47.JPG

file:///C:/Users/sidbaines/Pictures/HONDA%20CB1100R%20MODEL%20makiing/New%20folder/dsc48.JPG
again i have used an axle for moto gp bikes i dont now if it shows up on these photos but again i have used a photo etch split pin i have made cable guides for the brake hoses and the speedo cable which will hopefully go on tomorrow when i mate the forks, swing arm and frame together, i have also used some more hex. rivets for bolts at the calipers
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

sorry guys dont now what happened hopefully the photos are here

Clashcityrocker

Looking very nice Syd.

Nigel
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Nigel, been at the model desk again today and brought the frame, swing arm and front forks together it is resembling something looking like a motorcycle now, got the brake pipes on and the speedo cable, got the throttle cables to hook up yet i dont know wether you can see them in the photos i have put some cable adjusters on the twist grip start work on the body work next as well as seeing to the small parts like footrests side stand needs doing got to put an attachment on that for the spring, i hope i can post the photos a bit better than last time

the brake cable guide is a little on the large size again i did`nt notice untill it was to late i will have to watch for that in the future the speedo guides is no to bad

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”