honda mvx250f

Time to pimp them rides!
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

honda mvx250f

Post by syd-baines »

hi guys i am starting on the honda mvx250f it looks like a nice kit and is a nice looking bike, i plan to build it oob with maybe just one or two refinements

hoping to start the build over the weekend
Clashcityrocker

Re: honda mvx250f

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Looks to be a nice bike. I'll be watching. Doesn't seem to have as many parts as I would have thought.

Nigel
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

This is a great looking machine Syd and an excellent example of Honda's technical prowess with that V-3 configuration two stroke engine. I look forward to seeing your work with this!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys there is not that many parts to this model, i have made a start i striped the chrome off all the chrome parts i filled the backs of the front forks and the insides of the swing arm, i have undercoated the frame, swing arm and the wheels ready to air brush them with alclad polished aluminum as that would look more like the 1/1 bike i dont think they would have been chrome, the carbs will also be polished aluminum, the forks will be alclad chrome and semi gloss black, the engine has been assembled and primer put on it ready for the semi gloss black, hopefully that will all be done tomorrow here is the pics so far

syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

done a bit more this morning, airbrushed the frame and swing arm, also the wheels with some alclad 2 polished aluminum and airbrushed the engine semigloss black, the only problem with alclad is they don`t like a lot of handling so i will have to be careful when i glue them together, i don`t know how alclad takes lacquer could anyone help me with this please as i don`t want the alclad to react as it would be hard to strip it all off the frame, any ideas would be welcome and appreciated thanks

Clashcityrocker

Nice start. Don't know about your paint question though.

Nigel
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Nigel someone said it most probably the grease from my fingers so i went and bought some cotton gloves see if wearing them works
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

not much progress this time got some cotton gloves and wore them while putting the engine in the frame seemed to work as the alclad coating did not wear off, been working on the body panels got them painted and decaled waiting for the lacquer coat and then they will be ready, next is the swing arm which i will start next time when i at model desk

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

That's a good idea on the cotton gloves, something I need to practice.
Sorry I cannot help you on the Alclad questions, but I think in general the longer paint is allowed to dry untouched the less vulnerable it is. I know it's hard to leave assembly alone for a few days, as that to me is the fun part..
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks John the cotton gloves worked although i don`t want to handle the alclad parts any more than i have to but the paint is still on the parts so i will wear cotton gloves all the time i have to handle them, i have done the swing arm, the rod for the rear brake was broke so cut that off and put some wire in it`s place and a spring, finished the engine and frame next it is the front forks hope to do them next couple days or so

syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

got the front forks done, i have now joined the sub assemblies together looking like a motorcycle a bit more now

syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

the bike is now finished i built it oob the only thing i did was to make a new rear brake rod as the one in the kit was broken,

Clashcityrocker

Another excellent finish Syd. A great looking bike.

Nigel
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Nigel, just a couple of fit issues with the kit the side panel on one side did not match up properly but it was a nice bike to build and it does not look to bad thanks for looking and i hope you will keep looking, i think i am going to do tamiya`s honda rs100 enurance racer next i have also got aoshima`s kawasaki z1 900 so it could be that one at the moment i am undecided but the honda is looking favorite at moment
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

That is excellent, take away the background of the top picture & I'd think it the real thing.

I've never done a motorcycle and watching the construction has been interesting.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”