Ducati 1199 panigale s

Time to pimp them rides!
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Ducati 1199 panigale s

Post by celt »

It's still too complex for my chubby fingers,I will content myself by watching talented modellers like you make it look easy.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Looks fantastic so far Syd. I just started experimenting with Vallejo water based metallics on my MHR900 engine. Just aluminium so far but very impressive and much less hassle than Alclad.

It just occurred to me, we should have held a Ducati GB ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

Coming along nicely
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys, a Ducati GB would have been a good idea, i have just ordered the latest Tamiya motorcycle kit (i think) it is the Kawasaki Ninja HR2 which looks an awsome motorcycle and some special paint for it but i have to wait for some more coming from Japan, a Kawasaki GB build would be nice if anyone else is interested, anyway back to the dukcati i have put the foot rest hangers on i have also carbon fibred the rear spring guard i have also made a start on the front forks, quite a bit of cutting and replacing to do on the top yoke with the detailed up set and photo etch parts to put on so might take me a while to do

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That is certainly a great looking engine and transmission unit Syd. When you say you have carbon fibred the rear spring guard are you using aftermarket carbon fibre decals? and does the paddock stand come with the kit? - handy if it does!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Very impressive Syd.

I'm afraid I don't have any Kwakkers in the stash. I would suggest a motorcycle GB but I'm sure there wouldn't be enough interest.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Wow, that's something -- the kit and your work on it !!

I prefer older camouflaged stuff as I don't have to attempt a finish like that, I guess I'm more the mud-bike type or maybe the one on the Airfix Bomber Resupply kit :)

I know we've got a small number of bike fans here, maybe you need to troll a bit for them, directly ask them about a collective effort of some sort. I know the products are usually stunning and may garner more interest.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Shaun the carbon fibre is a decal sheet by scale motorsport i made a template with masking tape then cut the decal off the sheet to fit, i think it looks better than just painted, it helps to lift the model a little, the paddock stand does come with the kit,
thanks Dazzled there does not seem to be a lot of motorcycle models on this forum, i agree i don`t think there would be enough interest for a GB
and also thanks to jratz for your kind comments i don`t do camouflaged stuff as i don`t think i could do that kind of finish justice but never know i might just attempt one in the future i think it does you good to get out of your comfort zone sometimes, once again thank you for your comments i am working on the front forks now more pics when they are done
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Very nice work Syd.

Nigel
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Dazzled wrote:Very impressive Syd.
I agree, excellent modelling Syd.
Dazzled wrote:I'm afraid I don't have any Kwakkers in the stash.
I do!!
Dazzled wrote:I would suggest a motorcycle GB but I'm sure there wouldn't be enough interest.
Count me in! Tamiya 1/6 CB750F, Matchbox 1/12 Suzuki RGA500, and Vincent Black Shadow + others also in the stash (not shown in the above photo).
Oh, and these two...

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I'd love one of those Nortons but they do seem to command a high price these days and for what they cost you can pick up a 1/6th Tamiya. I've build the Matchbox Vincent and Electraglide. They're pretty good but extremely fragile when finished, particularly the Vincent that even seems to lose parts if stared at too hard :roll:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

the Vincent and Norton i have built but sadly they have both been destroyed with moving they are both nice kits and look good when finished, i agree with Dazzled about the Vincent being very fragile, i might make another some time you can still buy the kit of ebay, the Kawasaki z1300 was a great bike i have not built the kit as it is hard to find now if they do come up for sale they fetch a high price
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

got a little more done to the panigale, got the forks done except for the top yoke which has some resin and photo etch to go on, the wheels are done and on, i have carbon fibred the front mudguard along with the rear mudguard (hugger) the lower and upper rear chain guards i have also carboned the heat shield that sits on top of the exhaust i have not put that on yet, i cut the kit tyre valves of and put some detail ones on which looks a lot better, just a bit of tiding op to do, that is all now untill the new year as i am going away for christmas, hopefully an update early in the new year, have a good xmas and a happy new year every one,

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Excellent work Syd, she's looking great with the wheels on. I hope you have a good break and have a great Christmas and New Year!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

This just gets better and better. Nice to see it sitting on it's tyres. Hope you have a great Christmas Syd. 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”