Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: kawasaki ninja h2r

Post by syd-baines »

thanks KP can`t wait till the frame goes in, hopefully at the weekend
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Great work Syd, I'm looking forward to seeing this come together 8-)
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Great progress love it.
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks for the comments guys, i have not been able to do anything to the bike since my last post i have spent a couple days in hospital and caught the flu but i tried doing some this morning but all i could manage was to put the sub assemblies that i already built together as i still feel a bit groggy here is what i managed to do this morning

iggie

Post by iggie »

I really like the lime green frame Syd; that looks magnificent!

Hope you feel better soon
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks iggie the frame does look good in the green it is part of the paint set that Zero paints have produced for this bike it comes with a silver base/undercoat i think that is what makes the green stand out like it does
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nice one Syd, that is coming together really nicely. I also love that lurid green frame colour 8-)

IPMS#12300
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

The Kwakker looks stunning Syd. Sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope your better and back plastic bashing soon :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

i feeling a bit better now so thought i go touch some plastic, i have got the exhaust system and the radiator on, i might have overdone the heat staining a little, but i can live with that, i have also put some carbon fiber on the front top cowl, i tried to do it with just making 4 masks but could not get them to conform to the part due to it`s complex shape, so ended up making 14 masks, it took me the biggest part of the day just to do the cowl, i have just got the kit decals to go on then a coat of clear lacquer and that part is ready, i have also carbon`ed a few other parts that are carbon`d on the 1/1 bike they are ready to go on when i get to that part of the build, the front forks are next after i have drilled out the brake disks

Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Nice work on the carbon recalling, and without sounding like a smartbottom, I do agree with your comment re the overdone heat staining. ;-)

Nigel
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Great work Syd and that is some dedication applying the carbon fibre decals! The heat staining does look a little bright from here but if it is a bit overdone I bet it's not going to be all that visible once the bodywork is on!

IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

looking at the photos again the exhausts does not look that shinny on the model, i think the flash has made them look glossy but i have tried to tone them down a little by brushing on some matt clear coat, like Shaun said once the bodywork is on they will not be that noticeable (i hope)
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

done a little more to the ninja, got the forks done and put on also the air intake for the super-charger, the pipe for it i have carbon fibered also got the tail light done and put on next it is the body work, it looks awesome with the paint from zero paints, the front mudguard and the tail piece is painted with zero paints, but the photos does not do it justice i hope to get some photos that will because the paint is that good after the polishing looks just like black chrome

syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

done a little more to the ninja, got the side panels on at the rear as well as the seat cushions and seat, the petrol tank is on , it is beginning to look more like a motorcycle now, the photos do not do the black chrome justice it looks stunning but the photos is not showing it got the fairing to polish put the fairing nose cone on and one or two little bits and bobs, ie. foot rests then it will finished

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”