Kawasaki Ninja zx-rr

Time to pimp them rides!
billyb_imp
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Re: Kawasaki Ninja zx-rr

Post by billyb_imp »

Great looking build Syd, coming along very nicely, will be keeping an eye on this one for sure
A start on my first kit a Hawker Hurricane as been made, a spitfire awaits in the wings and thinking about models to come.

Modelling space in shed coming along nicely.
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys done a little more to the kwak got the headstock wired and put a couple of electric boxes on and wired got some more painted just waiting for them to dry then they will go on and get wired, this is turning out to be a longer build than i expected i said at the beginning of the build it will be a long one, this is how far i have got with it at the moment

general rocket

Post by general rocket »

Keep it up! When I read your threads, I keep getting nostalgic for the bike I had to give up when I got married.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nice one, you really are making a good job of this Syd. I find that it is very easy to get nostalgic about riding motorcycles (and I generally don't do nostalgia!), those were the days!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys, i know what you mean i had to give up riding several years ago and i really miss my bikes, nostalgia over back to the build
i have bought some after market handlebar grips which look for better than the kit parts so cut the kit ones off and the new ones nearly ready to go on after i have painted the brake levers i have also made another electric box up and wired as well as got the air box finished

the handle bar levers and new grips i don`t know if you can see the difference between the kit parts and the new ones but they do look a lot better and more realistic

the electric box, i don`t know if it is a battery looks like it could be and the air box
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Oh wow, this is really great, intricate work Syd. That part looks like an air box to me as well!

IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Shaun i had a bit of a calamity with the front mudguard somehow i managed to snap it in half after i decaled and clear coated it so the work i have done on that piece has just been undone hopefully i can get it looking something like, i have got the front forks done and on the bike got the calipers and brake lines to put on yet i have also got a lot of the wiring done got the electric boxes on and wired, still a lot more to do yet this is how far i have got so far
the front mudguard glued back together but it has messed the decals up
the bike with most of the wiring done and forks on

Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Unlucky with the mudguard Syd, but the rest of the bike is looking very nice.

Nigel
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Nigel, got the brake calipers on and the brakes pipes connected got most of the wiring done, the long pipe that is wavering about near the handlebars is a breather pipe to go on a part i had to make for the tank i cut it over lenth until i get the tank on then cut it to lenth i have also put what i think is water tanks on the side that is where the breather pipe comes from i have just cliped the front mudguard on for now until i decide what to do with it i have tried painting where the decals has split when it broke but i am not happy with it i have cut some self adhesive foam for the seat and put that on nearly ready for the body work

the seat unit with the self adhesive foam

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

This build looks the business, Syd. Great shame about that pesky front mudguard - anything you can do to save it?

IPMS#12300
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Looking truly awesome.
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

You must really know your subject Syd, it's looking very nice.

Nigel
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

Good trick with the seat (should that be saddle?). The texture will be greatly improved. Keep it up.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys the answer to Shaun`s question i have tried to paint where the decal has split but it still looks a mess, i think the only option will be to strip it and paint the design on after i have carbon decaled it, it looks straight forward enough but for now i am calling it finished, it is a pity to hide all the detail so might display it without the body work, in the photos you can see the mess on the front mudguard

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

A great finish, Syd albeit with that front mudguard issue - I hope you can fix that up to your satisfaction. The mudguard is quite hidden by the front of the fairing though and doesn't detract too much from what is an excellent model IMHO.

IPMS#12300

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”