kawasaki zx-14

Time to pimp them rides!
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

kawasaki zx-14

Post by syd-baines »

this is my next build it is the Tamiya Kawasaki ninja zx-14 special edition, the parts look very nicely moulded with no flash so not a lot of clean up to do, i have made a start and filled the inside of the swing arm and glued the main body parts together as well as the engine just a bit of rubbing down where i have filled in the seams and then it is ready for primer, i am going to put some allen headed rivets on the engine and frame and maybe other detailing
the swing arm with the inside filled in just the joints to fill

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: kawasaki zx-14

Post by beany »

Nice looking bike on the box cover. Looking forward to seeing you build it Syd.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

got some more done to the kawasaki got the engine built and put some allen headed rivets on the engine covers and some photo etched clips on the water pipes i have also put the engine in the frame,

syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

done some more to the kwak, got the swing arm built and on the frame also the rear mudguard assembly built and fixed, you might be able to see the rivets i put on the engine also on the frame and mudguard, i have also put photo etch brake disc, i have also cut the rear guards off the frame and put photo etch ones on, i have also filled in the swing arm on the inside i have also put some photo etch cips on the water hoses the next job is the body work and the exhaust and radiator also i have cut the air valves from the wheels and put some after market ones on

in these pics. you can see the air vale at the top of the rear wheel i think they look so much better than the moulded on ones
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nice one, Syd. I'm a bit out of touch with modern bikes but this looks like a proper bruiser from Kawasaki here. 1400cc I presume? I can't imagine one of those coming last in the average traffic lights grand prix :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Shaun yes it is a 1400cc and something like 200bhp. i dont know the top speed or the 0 to 60 figures you are right when you say it would not come last in traffic lights gp. got some more done i made the mistake of painting the rear indicator lens with clear orange they are clear on the 1/1 bike with an orange bulb i have cleaned them as much as i could (should have read the instructions properly) as luck would have it i did not paint the front ones, i have got the footpegs on built the exhaust and put on the radiator has got a photo etch front on that is also fixed to the bike and some of the body work, i have covered the seat in leather like cloth which looks so much better than just painted which means i might have to file some of the inside of the rear seat cover or leave it off i will have to have a look to see how it fits.

here you can see the leather look self adhesive cloth on the seat

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

This really is looking great, Syd and that seat covering is the business!

IPMS#12300
m1ks
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by m1ks »

0-60 in about 2.5 seconds, and a 10 sec 1/4 mile.
200 ish bhp and about 190 rwhp
Top speed electronically restricted, (as with all superbikes) to under 200mph, (190 or thereabouts I think)
This is because of a 'gentlemans agreement' between the big 4 of Japan which was settled on a good few years ago now.

That seat covering is great btw, where is it from please and is it actually a vinyl like material or a cloth or similar?
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys the seat covering is a vinyl like material i get it from hiroboy it is self adhesive and it stretches slightly so it conforms to shape quite well also if the seat has a pattern you can press it down into the pattern with a cocktail stick and it will form the pattern, it comes in different colour`s it is also good for car seats,
i have got some more done to the bike i have got the front forks and the hadlebars done and put on a am working on the body work at the moment

m1ks

Post by m1ks »

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to look for some of that, there are a few bike kits that would be useful on.
Not too far off now looking at it?
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

the kawasaki is now finished, it was a nice kit to build and went together well with no fit issues i used some photo etch and some rivets both on the engine and the bodywor

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That is a stunner, Syd. So realistic I feel that I could climb aboard and take it for a blast! Great work.

IPMS#12300
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

That's a very nicely finished bike Syd. Well done.
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys i have just noticed that the top faring has come out of its mounting hole on the right side of the fuel tank i have since put it back in and now it is sitting properly like it is on the left side
m1ks

Post by m1ks »

Very nice, and an eyecatching scheme with the hot rod flames, I like that.
I like the mesh on the ram air intake, was that included in the kit?

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”