This model came as a weekly magazine. A total of 85 magazines, each one supplemented with parts for the build. The 86th magazine was a 47 page instruction manual.
Sadly, I inherited this model from my brother who passed away on the 3rd July 2017.
R.I.P. Ian Izzard……..
So, I will build this model dedicated to my late brother Ian.
Having read up on other people’s builds, there seems to be a general consensus of some very poor fitting parts, mismatched paint colour and poorly modelled with very little detail. But, I have seen some very excellent builds as well, so will see what I can do with it.
It is a big model at 571mm long, 195mm wide with a weight of 8.5kg.
The body panels and main parts of the engine are die-cast metal and ABS for the tyres, seating and chassis. The construction is pieced together by screws or click together.
Included is a sound system for the engine and working horn. Working headlamps, dash board lights and brake lights from pushing the brake pedal. A working ejector seat, concealed machine guns, over riders, tyre-slashers and bullet proof rear shield.
I have made note of some of the modifications other people have made and will also add and make alterations of my own as and when I deem it necessary.
I am not making promises of an excellent build but will do my best to improve what I have been supplied.
So, picture of the 1st and last magazines.
Sample of the instructions.
Big box containing all the parts.
The main body compared to a 1/24th scale model car.
So it begins, this is going to take a fair while to build, due to the lack of time, a shame but work does have to come first.
As noted on a build somewhere else, the cam covers are very square edged.
So I removed the moulded on nuts and rounded off the corners. A comparison.
Both cam covers modified and drilled for positioning of new nuts. I will be using real Acorn nuts as replacements.
The original cylinder head, which is cast metal, some seam lines to be removed. Also going to remove the head nuts and again replace with real Acorn nuts.
The cylinder head cleaned up and old nuts removed. I have drilled for the new nuts. The new nuts will be fitted by putting a small piece of round plastic into them and glued into the holes.
These are some of the Acorn nuts that I intend to use.
The Alternator has also been modified. The side had a solid piece of plastic representing the casing bolts. I have cut this moulding to create two off small stubs and drilled through the both of them. At a later date I will add a bolt through these holes.
Also added a small section to the back to take some wiring.
More as I get the time.