Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

Time to pimp them rides!
kpnuts
Active Participant

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

Post by kpnuts »

Tbh it’s the worst part of the kit and as you say for a kit of this price that’s pretty bad, I will show how the kits part goes together and show how different it looks with the upgrade when I get it.
I was thinking this is getting very heavy and the exhaust is getting loose from the weight of it so I’ve temporarily added the forks to get the weight off the exhaust. I’ve finally finished the handle bars (well apart from the wiring)
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by syd-baines »

wow that looks good, a kit with this price tag you should not have to buy upgrade parts, the ones you have put on are far better than the kit parts, doing a brilliant job looking forward to seeing more
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all this is how Pocher would have you build the rad
Of course I could just fill the holes and weather it and it would be a whole lot better
But with Ron Clark’s PE it will be a whole league better I just can’t wait for them to get here.
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all well it arrived, I’m so excited

thanks to Ron
sooo much better
added the missing wiring for the exhaust valve
and added the missing wiring for the radiator fan
iggie

Post by iggie »

That radiator mesh certainly looks the mutts whatsits!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

that radiator looks real that mesh certainly looks a whole lot better than the kit one coming together very nicely
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all well I’ve added a few more missing wires and added the cable for the exhaust valve (fuse wire)weathered the rad a bit I’d like to say nearing the end now but no still a long way to go
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all here is the next update I made a bit of an oops in duplicating the wiring of the rad fan which I had done the other end further back in the build will have to watch that in the future (especially as this build is using all my built up stocks of wire)
Got the front wheel on (man this thing is enormous)
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all here is an update where nothing has been done. It's just that since the front wheel is now on I can compare and show just what a beast this is these range in scale from the humongous Duc at 1/4 then the Katana at 1/6 the Kwak at 1/8 and the Yam at 1/12 these all have similar size engines so they're all about the same size in real life.
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

having just built the 1/6th Honda Africa twin i can imagine the size of this duke i would imagine also it is starting to get a bit heavy, you doing a great job that radiator looks a lot better with the after market photo etch parts,
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all next update been adding the break lines and front mudguard then onto the electrical bits, it would be so much easier if I hadn't started adding detail, this is going to be the most intensive added details bit.

And the dreaded electric panel (this is just the beginning and only one side)

kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all here is another update, all of the wiring here is added detail, none of it is supplied with the kit it makes a big difference adding it. I still don't understand why they don't supply it as 90% of the connectors are moulded and even the missing ones are easy enough to scratch build .
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Hi all here is another update.

Bit of detailing of this bit

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I've been away for a week so have had to do a bit of catching up on this build. Wow, this is really shaping up very well, KP and is nicely enhanced by the extra work that you are putting into it. IMHO a degree of cable work is essential on model motorcycles as without they just don't look right - a bit like biplanes that feature rigging being built as models without - I don't think it's always essential to replicate every cable, especially on small scale models, but enough should be done to make the model look busy enough - just my opinion of course!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Well youll be pleased to know im attepting to replicate all cables and wires on this one. One problem i do have now is i have 2 wires sticking out i dont know where they go as i cant see where they start, i may have to remove a few bits to find out

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”