Ford Anglia 105e resin 1/24

Time to pimp them rides!
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Ford Anglia 105e resin 1/24

Post by VickersVandal »

My parents owned a sky blue Anglia before I was born. My older brother is very sentimental about it, so I built this for him.

I found the resin body on eBay, which was just a shell (cottage industry). The moulding wan't too bad, though there were plenty of small air bubbles. Some I filled, some I ignored, since my brother isn't particularly fussy about finish, I didn't get hung up on detail or accuracy or finesse - I just wanted an impression of the main components to be there.

Everything was either scratch built from plastic card (or acetate sheet for the windows) or resin cast reproductions of parts from other kits. Engine, gearbox, diff, bumpers and mirrors reproduced from a TE27 Corolla, seats from a VW Beetle. Wheels were a combination of tyres and rims from something (Datsun, I think) and the hubcaps are actually wheel halves from a vacform Curtiss Condor - the whole lot being resin cast as one. Headlights and tail lights are just Krystal Klear - built up in layers for the headlights. Number plates are printed on paper and attached to styrene sheet. Exhaust is insulated wire bent to shape and painted.

It's the first time I've used Motolow liquid chrome pen (bumpers, wing mirrors) and the stuff is AMAZING.

The car has been a while coming together so I'm glad it's done. Enjoy.

Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
iggie

Re: Ford Anglia 105e resin 1/24

Post by iggie »

Glorious! That's really neat and certainly brings back a few memories
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

Thanks iggie. Yeah, I imagine these were a far more common sight in the UK than here.

VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

Oh, and before I added the suspension I did a mock up of it in hotrod spec, dumped into the weeds and rolling on 10-slotters. So beast 8-) 8-) 8-)
It has given me all sorts of ideas for other builds.... :twisted: :twisted:

arni

Post by arni »

Very nice,I have the shell plus a mk 1 Tina.What did you use for the floorpan - I want to do mine as a stock car.
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

I built the floor pan, gearbox tunnel and firewall from scratch using 1mm styrene sheet (see image 1). I looked for pictures online as reference but there was next to nothing, so I was mostly making it up as I went along...
The most help came from shots of other models or die casts.

I did buy a Trabant kit with the intention of using parts but in the end it was useless because they have little in common inside or underneath, so I just scratch built instead.

kpnuts
Active Participant

Post by kpnuts »

Thats great and did bring back memories i had 4 my last one had a 1600 cortina engine in it with a 997 gearbox (used to pull wheelspins in 2nd) oh to be a teenager again.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

A great build, VV, especially considering what you have had to do starting with just a basic body shell! I'm also of an age where I can remember these cars as a common sight on the road and I must admit I like the look of the slammed down rod that you tried out prior to finishing it as a standard car! Never heard of those Motolow pens but I can imagine how useful they could be for detailing tasks such as how you have used it here and on things like aircraft IP's and side consoles.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

The Motolow paint has an amazing chrome finish from a paint pen. It was such a worthwhile investment.

syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

that`s a nice looking model, i used to have one of these and it was a nice little car i like the hot rod version as well if you decide to do a model of that would you please show us the build, i just love them old fords
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

I'll definitely post it up if I do. I have an idea along those lines, not for a Ford both something similarly shaped that I have in the stash. Stay tuned.... ;)

arni

Post by arni »

VickersVandal wrote:I built the floor pan, gearbox tunnel and firewall from scratch using 1mm styrene sheet (see image 1). I looked for pictures online as reference but there was next to nothing, so I was mostly making it up as I went along...
The most help came from shots of other models or die casts.

I did buy a Trabant kit with the intention of using parts but in the end it was useless because they have little in common inside or underneath, so I just scratch built instead.
Thanks. :grin:
bugatti fan
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by bugatti fan »

I think that the body may have come from Andy Swindlehurst who has a stand at Telford with Car kits and other related stuff.
Last time I was on his stand he had some Mini Van bodies for sale in 1/24 th scale.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”