0-4-0 Pug shunter............OO/HO scale Dapol

Time to pimp them rides!
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

0-4-0 Pug shunter............OO/HO scale Dapol

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

so heres a weird one for me

a tiny train by Dapol..............who as we all know Airfix sold them the moulds for the trains back in the day (early 80's?....i know someone will know better than me)

i had a reason for buying this................i have a 1:87 steam train by Revell to make sometime.....bought it years ago and have constantly been putting it off cos its something id really like to make a good job of but its completly out of my comfort zone :lol:

the other week i was in my lhs....mooching about as you do..........have no interest in toy train stuff but i often have a nosey about cos some stuff comes in useful for weathering etc..............found a few Dapol kits hanging on the rack.....seemed like a good thing to practice on before the revell kit

went together ok but boy did it have a lot of release agent on it! :shock: ...........i washed and scrubbed it all before starting and when the basics were together it was still so thick you could feel a 'greasy' surface and see when you scraped the surface with a fingernail, so it got a really good scrubbing again......and even now the paint still wants to wear off on some of the edges :evil:

it had a few slight moulding defects.....the conrods were short shot but i fudged it

this was fun to do, although i know now i could have done better and i think it was a good warm up for the Revell one which looks far superior in all aspects.......my next plan is to buy a couple of wagons of different kinds to go on the back

the paint callout said it should be black over all but that seemed boring................so it became blue and the deacls were junk so just added a few spare numbers :-D

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: 0-4-0 Pug shunter............OO/HO scale Dapol

Post by JamesPerrin »

Cute!

Many of the Airfix trains were originally from Rosebud Kitmaster, don't know about this one though.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

JamesPerrin wrote:Cute!

Many of the Airfix trains were originally from Rosebud Kitmaster, don't know about this one though.
thanks,.............it say that on the blurb on the card header ;-)
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Was that Thomas the tank inspired?

It would be a good kit to practice your weathering.

I like it in blue.

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”