Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper S

Time to pimp them rides!
HRVI
starter kit

Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper S

Post by HRVI »

I have wanted to do this for a while now so when the bank of grandad said i had £50 for modeling stuff from allways hobbies i instantly had 2 diferent 1/24 Tamiya Minis on the list. the 1st bieng the 24048 Rally kit & the 2nd bieng the 24130 Race kit. I allready had a rally one from about 9 years ago me & my dad were supposed to be building but parts got lost to it. i allso have a 24039 kit that is a totally standard Morris Cooper S.

With my 2 new models i fancied doing somthing a bit different. I decided to do flip front's but was only going to use 1 body & have the second incase i messed up. the only thing that got messed up in the removal of the front was my middle finger on my left hand as the craft knife went through my knuckle :cry: . i made the mistake of spraying that without primer so will need a good sanding down :lol: i then decided to start a second unplanned one when i noticed the group 2 wheel arches witch i planned on making for the 1st one.

This is what i have so far:

The only other one i have seen like this so far is on spash's thread posted by arni:
http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=373
MerlinJones

Re: Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper S

Post by MerlinJones »

Good start and a proper blood offering to the carpet Monster.

...And welcome to the Forum.

Regards,
Bruce
HRVI
starter kit

Post by HRVI »

Thanks & yes.

Day 2 of the build. I'm taking my time with this one.
Still looking for somwhere i can get custom made wheels so i can have a set of 7" X 13" Ultralight's

Well today i spent about 1 hour making some leads on the engine. I did them now so next time the engine gets sprayed they should thicken up a bit & go harder :) I removed the door hinges because i want to make it look like a MK3 with an MK1 grill :)
Built the carbs but havnt fasend them to the engine because i think i might make an eaton M45 roots supercharger for it. :twisted:
How woud i make tail lights for it because on a MK3 they are rectangular but on the MK1 they are oval.

Hinges gone

Plated around the firewall

Leads

More of the leads

The front fits & dosnt touch any of them :)

Dose anybody know why i cannot log in to this site using Google Chrome?
Magician
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Magician »

I'd love to know how this turned out.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Magician wrote:I'd love to know how this turned out.
As HVRI hasn't logged on since April 2012 I don't think you are going to find out I'm afraid.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
WheresMyMojo
Getting well comfy!

Post by WheresMyMojo »

Shame, I thought I was missing something! I bought the Rally version in the Modelzone closedown sale and wanted to see how this would be done!
Graham

The...errr...modeler...formerly known as 'chuffchuff'

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”