TAMIYA 1/12 HONDA CB 750 F

Time to pimp them rides!
bromo
On a long, long journey

TAMIYA 1/12 HONDA CB 750 F

Post by bromo »

Due to the fact of a potential Two wheel GB failing to get enough takers those who were interested decided to build there bikes here starting April 1st so I will be building the Tamiya Honda CB 750 F back in the 80's I owned a CB 900 F so this is a bit of a trip down memory lane for me. Will try and get some pictures up in the next few days
BEEN A WHILE
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: TAMIYA 1/12 HONDA CB 750 F

Post by Dazzled »

Terrific. The Katana is on standby and I've decided (read: been told) to give myself a destressing day tomorrow.

Let's ride 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Dazzled wrote:Terrific. The Katana is on standby and I've decided (read: been told) to give myself a destressing day tomorrow.

Let's ride 8-)
Great to have you on board mate the Katana is one I would love to have rode it was so futuristic looking back in the 80's
BEEN A WHILE
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I'm looking forward to this Bromo, a classic late 70's bike. I never owned either the 750 or the 900 but did manage to have a go on a mate's 900, which I enjoyed very much at the time.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Well as is the want of late here i am late again :oops: and surprise surprise no plastic cut yet but we do have some box and part pics woopee
This like the Katana is one of Tamiya's older kits so lots of chrome plate one piece discs and the callipers moulded with the fork legs that said the engine detail is very good with some sharp moulding. I am undecided as to whether to follow the instructions or to complete it as my CB900 was this would mean getting Zero paints to mix the blue colour and also the engine would be satin black with chrome cases i would have to scratch a 4 into 1 exhaust and paint the wheels yellow.
This build is going to be fun i think.
BEEN A WHILE
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Looking forward to this Martin. I've been building mine from the box but, given my proclivity for messing about with the real things and my history of chopping them about I have been considering a bit of an "aftermarket" theme for future bike builds.

Whichever way you decide to go I'm sure it'll turn out great. :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Cheers Dazzled, I would also need some CB900F Decals for the side panels, an oil cooler and I'm not sure whether the kit tank stripes ect would go with the blue colour oh if there was some after market conversion I could buy.
BEEN A WHILE
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I still love the so-called "Euro-Styling" that Honda employed on their models back then. If you could manage it, a build of this kit as your 900 as it looked back in the day would be great Bromo. Yellow wheels - man, how 80's :ha:

IPMS#12300
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

ShaunW wrote:I still love the so-called "Euro-Styling" that Honda employed on their models back then. :ha:
Me too mate. From the moment I saw a blue CB 250 SuperDream I thought "I gotta get me one of those". So I saved up my apprenticeship wages for several months, and still remember counting out about £800 in large notes (the on-the-road price at the time) - although I had to put the "L" plates on it myself!!!

Wife and children came along before I could progress to anything bigger, and had to get a car instead for practical reasons.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nice one Al, a proper archive shot of an 80's biker on his steed. The CB250N Super Dream was quite large for a 250 as it was essentially a re-vamped 400 and I always found it to be a sturdier looking bike than its great rival, the Yamaha RD250 although the Honda lost out in the performance stakes to the two-stroke Yam. A mate bought a CB400N back in the 80's although he initially wanted a CB400-Four but the 400 Super Dream appealed once he'd ridden one and came to the conclusion that the twin cylinder bike would be easier to maintain (back in the day myself and mates all did our own bike and car servicing).

IPMS#12300
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Believe it or not I saw a Superdream on display at a classic bike show in Cardiff today. It looked almost as good as yours Al. 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Well the build of the Super Dreams big brother has begun :grin: and i have decide to go for a CB900 aka 1987 Bromo finish so we will have a gloss black engine with chrome cases,yellow wheels, and a 4 into 1 there maybe no oil cooler or 900 decals but the finish will be blue i may use the left over blue from the M1 build. The engine has been put together and a coat of gloss black Tamiya spray appplied.
After paint we have
Hopefully more to come over the holiday period.
BEEN A WHILE
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Good choice Martin. A retro reality blast from the past. 8-) Nice to see some progress too.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

It's good to see a bit of action here Bromo and I'm looking forward to seeing this replica of your former steed.

IPMS#12300

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”