Sissels Three Birds *** Finished ***

Celebrating the good old P51 Mustang in all it's incarnations. Any variant and scale and 'what if's' are welcome.
Runs May 1st to June 1st.
GB Leader is Gregers.
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Re: Sissels Triple Mustangs

Post by Sissel »

Okay, so I've been thinking a little, which often is not a good idea. :shock:

I've had a closer look at the kit and I might skip this Revell bomb and save it for the blitzbau, where you have a perfect excuse if a model doesn't turn out good. And just focus on the other two. I can then make a whiffery out of it as I have plenty of decals for... aha.. wait a minute. A whiferry scheme? That's it then. I'll just save it for the Wulf in johnsons clothing GB! :-D

The new tool P-51 is a good one eh? If it is I might order two or three of them when I get back from holiday (if I accidentally haven't stumbled upon them there, if I have time!).
Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
Chris
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Chris »

The new tool airfix mustangs are highly reguarded, make sure its not the older moulds, which are not so good.
Honcho of ASMMF
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Prisca wrote:Okay, so I've been thinking a little, which often is not a good idea. :shock:

I've had a closer look at the kit and I might skip this Revell bomb and save it for the blitzbau, where you have a perfect excuse if a model doesn't turn out good. And just focus on the other two. I can then make a whiffery out of it as I have plenty of decals for... aha.. wait a minute. A whiferry scheme? That's it then. I'll just save it for the Wulf in johnsons clothing GB! :-D

The new tool P-51 is a good one eh? If it is I might order two or three of them when I get back from holiday (if I accidentally haven't stumbled upon them there, if I have time!).
I think you have done the right thing there, I was going to build it as well but it just doesn't look like a P-51 not worth doing a "serious" job, will save it for a Whatif, which I have some ideas for, so it not looking like a standard P-51 won't be an issue.

The new tool Airfix one looks very nice haven't built it yet but here is my review for the F-51D which is basically the same as their new tool P-51D except it comes with extra weaponry.

http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5643;
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Saxon wrote:I think you have done the right thing there, I was going to build it as well but it just doesn't look like a P-51 not worth doing a "serious" job, will save it for a Whatif, which I have some ideas for, so it not looking like a standard P-51 won't be an issue.
I couldn't agree more. Now I can have fun finding a paint scheme for it from my decal box.

That F-51 in Dominican markings look very attractive. Ok, am adding that kit to the wish list as well. :-D
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

Good decision, Sissel.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Sissel

Re: Sissels Fourlets

Post by Sissel »

I had a brain freeze, and ordered the new tool F-51 and P-51. Will pick these up when I'm back, if not the post office has misplaced them or shipped them back. :ha: Nah, I'll just have someone pick them up for me while I'm gone.

So.. the P-51 will be a scheme from my Latin American sheet. If all things go well, I will end up with four Mustangs in this GB, with two weeks to complete all of them. Oh boy, now we're talking! :-D
Chris

Post by Chris »

A good challenge!

I want to pick up a few of those airfix mustangs, they look very nice, too bad they aern't 1/48s.
Honcho of ASMMF
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Which Latin American scheme will you be doing?
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

I'm not sure yet Saxon, the Cuban one looks pretty nice. I might go for that. :)
Haven't studied the decals enough yet, will do in a couple of weeks.
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Back from a fantastic holiday in Shanghai and Beijing, I am hoping to start these four birds in a couple of days. :grin:
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Re: Sissels Four Birds

Post by jssel »

Looking forward to this Sissel. Cahrge on the wild ponies!
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Dang, today is a hot summer day!
After licking sun, falling asleep and reading in the sun chair I have made a subtle start. I was quite exhausted after yesterdays celebration of Norways constitution day. Allthough beach is much more tempting now... 8-)

I decided to start three of them. I doubt I will finish any before the deadline, but will give it a go.

Not much to see, but just a proof I've done 'something'! Glued seats to floor, and a tiny bit of interior painting here and on fuselage walls. That's it for today.

I still haven't decided which scheme to use for the two P-51s. Might go for a Cuban and Ecuador scheme. The F-51 will be kit decals with Dominican, I find that a very attractive scheme, and a nice change from the typical aluminium shine. :grin:

Now I'm gonna go cool off with an icy lolly pin and beer...
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Good choices Sissel and welcome back after what sounds like a great holiday. It's not so warm over here at the moment - certainly no chance of a sun tan!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Narayan
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office

Post by Narayan »

Nice start on all 3 Sissel.

I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!

A:B 2013 11:04 2012 20:05 2011 11:10 2010 44:12 2009 19:16 2008 16:03 Overall 204:55
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Cheers guys. Another day with 25C and blue sky.
I must have been in a daze yesterday, cause I thought I only had a week to finish (to next Sunday), but offcourse there is two weeks. Doh! :lol:
Should to be able to finish all four if the kits don't give me too much trouble then.

Return to “P51 anniversary G/B”