Sissels Fourth Cat ** FINISHED **

UAMF's signature event:
Runs August 1st to August 31st.
GB Leader is Jssel.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Re: Sissels Fourth Cat ** Started **

Post by jssel »

Morning Sissel. I liked the way Revell broke up the striping and it fits nicely. Hope you get to feeling better.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Post by Sissel »

Thanks.
The kit is great. Few parts and fit is very good. Easy paint scheme. Perfect blitz kit.

The headache is a little better. I have put most decals on. What is left is blades and the nose stripes, and I fear they wont match the other. And I'm reluctant to start painting the missing bit, that will result in a mess and it's fiddly. But I will see how they match first.

Lots of stencils, and I should have put more on as white text on blue shows well, however I will see. Too much isn't nice. But some parts of the plane seems very naked. Oh and I also need to repaint some areas as well as the lights.

Love your new profile picture, Alan!

Hope to finish this soon as I'm gonna go out looking for a new bike. I don't like the one I have.

Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Morning Sissel. You're doing a great job so far and I hope the headache passes. Maybe don't try the Captain Morgan Headache Relief Treatment until later in the day :grin: Good tunes too!

What sort of new bike are you thinking of - a Suzuki GSXR1000? ;-)
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Sorry Shaun, it's the more healthier bike, you know those with pedals. I won't mind a motorcycle though, but would need a license first and tons of money. :grin:

I'm gonna try a DBS (Den beste sykkel), Norwegian brand and by far one of the best bicycle brands. Reliable and just very good.
The one I had was a hybrid, Nakamura. Liked it at first, but after I had a nasty accident with the bike (off to the emergency room!) it aint the same, it feels eh.. wobbly and I'm not comfortable with it (bike is actuall fine but still, something's off with the balance). A shame, cause it wasn't cheap and I've hardly used it.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Sounds interesting Sissel - sorry to hear about your accident and I hope that you're fully recovered. One of my friends is a cycle nut and has three different bikes, one for mountain biking which I know is a Specialized, a hybrid that he uses for cycle touring and a road racing bike that he uses for triathalon type competitions. Yes, he is a lot fitter than me! The only bikes I use nowadays are in the gym, which means I don't go anywhere but at least I can't fall off or be knocked off by some of the mad car drivers one encounters on local roads!

IPMS#12300
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Cheers, Shaun. No worries about the accident. This was 5 or 6 years ago. I've not cycled much since, much due to my 'worry' with the bike. But now I really want to. :)

There's a bike here in the gym at home, but never use it. In fact, I never use the gym. :sad:

Allright, time to get back to the bench. 1pm already! :shock:

coptermech
Active Participant

Post by coptermech »

Looks good Sissel. I must get me one of these kits
Regards, Tony

Current Projects: Revell 1/48 F-15C, Hobby Boss 1/72 F-22 Raptor, Hasegawa 1/32 F-5E
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Thanks, Tony. It is a sweet little kit.

I'm calling this done now, well almost.
I just need to let glue dry and microsol settle down, then I will coat with future. Then glamour pics.

splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

It looks brilliant.

Have you tried listening to Evanescence ?

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Thanks Alan.

Yes, I listened to them quite a bit some years back. They have some good songs. But not in my high list. :)
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Well done Sissel! I was worried about the striping also but Revell engineered the decal very well. What? No antenna wire? :ha:

I have a GT Outpost bike which is kind of a off road type that I ride to and from work daily. It is nice on the bike paths early in the morning. If I have to bust out of the office during the day, I have the company vehicle to use. My town has miles and miles of paved bike paths which are great rides. And I wear a helmet most times. Also use a Garmin Forunner 201 GPS to track speed and distance etc. Me and my soft briefcase shufflin' off to work. Sometimes I meet a few folks at the local McDonalds for coffee which is just around the corner from my office. Motorists look weird at my rubber band around my pant leg. Don't want to snag in the sprocket.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

jssel wrote:Well done Sissel! I was worried about the striping also but Revell engineered the decal very well. What? No antenna wire? :ha:
That would be stretching it! :ha:

This place is not made for cycling 'fast', or made for cyclists at all. Some places don't even have sidewalks and you cycle on the road where cars drive 70-80km/h, dangerous. I would be very happy if the roads and streets were made better for cyclists. But roads in Norway, well.. Lets not go there. (they're bad!!). And there are sooo many accidents with cyclists and cars these days.
I used to have several mountain bikes as I loved them, but for cycling here a hybrid is better. I'd rather cycle on pavement than gravel. Up in the forest there's gravel roads and I used to cycle there lots. But after the accident, I fear it and stay away. Hiking up there is much better for me.
Anyway, my plan with a new bike is to actually use it and save the car a bit. The excersize is great as well, and I sure need it. Bad back etc.

I'm gonna go see if the future coat is dry now and the cat is ready for a photoshoot. :grin:
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

I can't seem to manage any decent pictures. With blitz the color is off and not natural. Without blitz pics just wont be good. This weird light here... :frown:
Future coat not fully dry yet, and silly me left a fingerprint on it. Need to fix that. Will let this fully cure.

Glamour pics when I get home after trying out the bikes. :)
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Re: Sissels Fourth Cat ** FINISHED **

Post by splash »

Enjoy your bike ride. we look forward to seeing the photos.

Alan
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: Sissels Fourth Cat ** FINISHED **

Post by ShaunW »

Nice finish Sissel - you make blitzing seem so easy! Enjoy the bike testing and I'm looking forward to the glam shots of this great looking cat.

IPMS#12300

Return to “Blitzbau XIII”