Gallery Guidelines and Usage

Single pictures of completed models, with a link to a build thread elsewhere on this site.
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Gallery Guidelines and Usage

Post by AndrewR »

The purpose of this forum is to provide a pictorial reference of kits built on the forum by its members. That means there is an existing thread on the UAMF describing or discussing the build.

To make this a useful resource can members please add your latest work and take the time to add previous builds.

Using the Gallery

Searching this forum for specific kits provides an easy way to access relevant information contained on this site.

In Search enter the make and/or the name of the kit e.g Airfix Spitfire
Select Search for all terms.
Change the Forum to The Aircraft Gallery
Change Display Results to Topic

Alternatively just browse the threads for inspiration.

Posting in the Gallery

1 - This Forum is for pictures only. Any chat or comment would be better placed by following the link provided with each image. Following a link may lead you to a Locked Thread, as is the case for those models made in a previous Group Build. You will not be able to post a comment in a Locked Thread, so please take the time to open a new thread on this site in the appropriate modelling forum and to offer your comments that way.

2 - Any member of the Forum may post an image of a completed build, provided the following detail is supplied;

Kit Manufacturer
Scale
Subject
A link to the build.
This maybe elsewhere on this forum, or our previous site on Forumer. This may be from a Group Build, one of our Modelling Forums or the Workbench. Please do not link to builds on other sites.

(Details of the actual scheme shown on the build would be nice, but are not essential).

3 - Please restrict images to 800 pixels wide, or less. We recommend either 640 by 480 or 800 by 600 pixels, so that most people can enjoy your picture, regardless of their screen size, or browser

4 - The Admin/Mod Team reserve the right to delete any duplicate images and all chat in the Forum.

5 - The Admin/Mod Team reserve the right to move any images to other, more accurate threads in the Forum. In future, posts will be moved using the Quote feature, to ensure that proper acknowledgement of the model builder is maintained. If you want your image moving, then please contact the Admin/Mod Team.

6 - Please report any broken links to the Admin/Mod Team.
Up in the Great White North
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: Gallery Guidelines and Usage

Post by AndrewR »

I've checked out pictures of various sizes here

http://sensible-design.co.uk/forum/view ... p=635#p635;

When I use the Chrome browser in full screen on my laptop, the picture fits in very nicely at 800 by 600. Any larger and you have to scroll either up down or left right.

I'd be tempted to say we recommend 800 by 600 pixels.

I've changed the text at the start of this thread, but I have not yet rolled this out into the galleries.

cheers

Andrew
Up in the Great White North
Stamford
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Stamford »

Bit off you must link to a build thread to show a completed model. Ok if you have one but can´t people show otherwise? seems to limit the database of kits.
running at the edge of their world
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Stamford wrote:Bit off you must link to a build thread to show a completed model. Ok if you have one but can´t people show otherwise? seems to limit the database of kits.
The purpose of the gallery is to index builds that have appeared on the forum. So people can see something they like and say "how did they do that?" and then click the link to find out. The regular modelling forums (Aviation et al) and workbenchs already let people show off their completed work.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Stamford

Post by Stamford »

Yeah but they don´t become a gallery - as this site is "unofficially" Aifix i´d like to see peoples builds of the beast! I know its been done before but I think we could build a nice reference. Maybe completed matchbox and frogs too.
running at the edge of their world
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

could we have a sub forum for post war civil please :-D
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Merlin's updating of the galleries coincided with myself thinking I needed to post my recent builds (sadly only two!). However it serves as a timely reminder for all UAMF members who post their build's progress to this forum to please contribute to the galleries. If you've not posted here before please carefully read the usage rules above. The galleries form a useful index to past builds and are a great way to explore the forum. The most 'hit' pages through Google searches are the galleries so you should have your builds up there!
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Post by Brickie »

The indexing of the Aircraft gallery is now complete and up-to-date as of today.

You can find it at http://tinyurl.com/6lkqbge.

I'll try to keep it up to date as members post new builds, but feel free to add your own. If you add anything, remember to tag it as NEW! in the left-hand column!
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
Markh_75

Post by Markh_75 »

In that case i wont be able to put any completed models on (if i have to link it to a build for each kit) i dont have any pictures of my builds as they unfolded.
Twas Blollig and the Shalomey Touves didst gear and grumble in the wardrobe!

Return to “Aviation Gallery”