Stuart's Butchered Beaufighter

Finish off those kits which are stalled on the workbench, languishing on the sidelines, or lurking on The Shelf of Doom.
Runs 1st to 30th November
GB Leaders are Dazzled and AndrewR
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Stuart's Butchered Beaufighter

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Shaun - I have to say I think they are worth the effort - need to do some filling behind them now.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Zee28
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Zee28 »

Looking good Stu! Love those resin engines, improves the look of the whole plane.

Zee28
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Zee28 wrote:Looking good Stu! Love those resin engines, improves the look of the whole plane.

Zee28
They do look good - I think it'll look nice when painted, mind you if I were going to do another I'd be happy with OOB - I'm getting the VC winners boxed set for xmas andI shall probably do them OOB - raised panel lines and all.

Regards

Stuart

Zee28

Post by Zee28 »

I thought you were getting a big four engine bomber for Xmas? Now I know why that thread went quiet! We were all waiting to hear your choice of big heavy!

The VC set has got the old Hampden and Blenheim in it hasn't it? I've got both those in the stash, they've been around a while so good luck! The Hampden I may do quite soon, but it looks a bit scary! Far more parts than I expected for an older kit.

Zee
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Zee28 wrote:I thought you were getting a big four engine bomber for Xmas? Now I know why that thread went quiet! We were all waiting to hear your choice of big heavy!

The VC set has got the old Hampden and Blenheim in it hasn't it? I've got both those in the stash, they've been around a while so good luck! The Hampden I may do quite soon, but it looks a bit scary! Far more parts than I expected for an older kit.

Zee
Yes - I hadn't expected to have missed comments on that thread - Ian suggested I might not have room in the back of my car to build a heavy - he's right - I'm struggleing with my 1/48 lightning :(

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

The Beaufighter's coming on a treat Stuart. Love the engines as well as all the other improvements.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Getting Things Done GB”