Sissels Salvadoran Jaguar ** FINISHED **

Custom cars built/painted with an aeroplane theme.
Runs 23rd Nov to 29th Dec.
GB Leader is Narayan
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Re: Sissels Salvadoran Jaguar

Post by Sissel »

Thanks Zee!
I'm doing it shiny as it's much easier when brush painting. When this is done I will take pics in natural light outside as the lamp on the bench makes it too shiny. ;-)

I'm a bit embarassed that I forgot all about the anti glare panel. I don't want to start masking and painting now ontop of the future (cause there will always be bleed and I'll have to repaint, add future again etc.). In my decal box I found some 1/48 fokker crosses. Cut around the white and got two lines. A little change in plan as I was hoping to have a wider antiglare panel to fit the body, but it's now a thin one. The decals did dissolve a bit, but I think result is okay. I will have to add black a few places but that shouldn't be a problem.
The yellow stripe decals also went on nicely.

I've still not put the body to interior, I pray it's a good fit as I'm terrified of messing up.

Gotten good use of the helping hands today, first time I actually use them! This Jag has 'pins' inside so easy to attach to the sharp jaws.
Very useful when decalling! Just a shame the clips are so sharp you can't use this with airplanes as it will damage or break the plastic.
Here's a pic mid-way decalling session.

Love AC/DC! They had a concert in Oslo 'recently', but few of my friends have as good taste in music as me, and I didn't want to go alone so... *sniff*

You do realise you've been modelling for far too long at the bench when you suddenly get nauseous and dizzy cause you haven't eaten since breakfast! It's 4.30 pm now.. I grabbed a carrot (aint I healthy!) and a cup of coffee..
In a little bit I will head upstairs to the mayhem again.
Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Mmmmmm... Big gun, War Machine, Cold hearted Man....

Car looks fab sissil!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

That is looking very nice! And shame on you for ruining the view of the Aston!
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Thunderstruck's quite good too...

Don't they sing one about drinking?

Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Ian wrote:And shame on you for ruining the view of the Aston!
I'm bad I know.... But wait.... No joke about the giant hand/arm? :shock:
Sir T wrote:Thunderstruck's quite good too...
Oh, it is!
Sir T wrote:Don't they sing one about drinking?
Hmmm... what are you insinuating? :-D :-D

Have a drink on me!
:beer:

TimJ
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TimJ »

Looks good with the decals on.
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:9 B:4 C:15
Molly-new
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Molly-new »

Very smart so far, I hope the body to interior is a good marriage.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Thanks guys.
Molly-new wrote:Very smart so far, I hope the body to interior is a good marriage.
No. :cry:

I'm gonna be honest and say I was very happy with paint job and decals, and how I got the windows in. Now...
Quite alot of surgery was needed for interior and body to fit. Surprised at how bad it was. :shock:
It looks ugly at the back window as I had to cut down the walls, leaving it looking ugly inside and not fit up to body, the back window also fell in a little pushing the body down.
With superglue and brute force I finally managed to get the front and end pushed/forced down to touch interior, however it pops up in the middle as interior is far too wide and the supports too high. Body doesn't fully cover/go down on the sides, even after cutting and trimming here too. Paint damage during this 'war' obviously happened, so repaint was required. I only painted and decalled it first cause it would be easier than doing it after (I thought).

What am I doing wrong?? The kit is made up 'perfectly' so you can't go wrong with the fit. I just don't get it...

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Looks good !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

I've got to ask - did you check the fit of bodywork to chassis before you painted the body?
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Lol...I wasn't insinuating anything :) I was merely suggested an ACDC song you may like :) because apprantly, some folks who will remain nameless, have suggested, that you, may like the occasional small glass of something - very rarely :) :) :)

Very sorry to hear about your fit troubles, its always sad when that happens :-(

splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

That is looking so cool, sorry to hear about the part fit.

Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Thanks John and Alan.
Ian wrote:I've got to ask - did you check the fit of bodywork to chassis before you painted the body?
Yes. Which is why my question of what I'm doing wrong to this perfect kit! I can't bloody do anything right these days...
Painting it first (like I do when spraypainting) makes it easier with handling and decalling. No windows to worry about masking and bleed, and paint easily to cover around edges.
Painting it last would save me repaint and touch ups, and I wouldn't have to worry about damage when forcing a fit. But looking back at it now, I am happy I painted it first. It was just so much easier...
Sir T wrote:Lol...I wasn't insinuating anything
I know. It was in jest Stu. ;-)
Sir T wrote:I was merely suggested an ACDC song you may like because apprantly, some folks who will remain nameless, have suggested, that you, may like the occasional small glass of something - very rarely
Yes, I understood that, hence me responding how I did about you insinuating (or suggesting) that. :-D
And I've heard that rumour too, very rarely. :lol:

Jaguar is done, only Future needs to dry. Very dark and rainy so no picturetaking outside.
And I'm gonna go pick up the new camera later today, oh boy oh boy! :grin:
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Prisca wrote:
Sir T wrote:Lol...I wasn't insinuating anything
I know. It was in jest Stu. ;-)
Sir T wrote:I was merely suggested an ACDC song you may like because apprantly, some folks who will remain nameless, have suggested, that you, may like the occasional small glass of something - very rarely
Yes, I understood that, hence me responding how I did about you insinuating (or suggesting) that. :-D
And I've heard that rumour too, very rarely. :lol:
That’s ok Sissel I knew that too, my response was meant in jest as well – Its sometimes not so easy to type funny remarks, you can get the words down but not the tone.

So a Chess playing, Model building, Beer Drinking, Mountain Hiking AC/DC fan who likes cats – You’re Cool you are! ;-)

What new camera are you getting?

Regards

Stuart with foot in mouth

Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Sir T wrote:That’s ok Sissel I knew that too, my response was meant in jest as well – Its sometimes not so easy to type funny remarks, you can get the words down but not the tone.
True that. Keep jesting. :)
Sir T wrote:What new camera are you getting?
I'm getting a Sony compact one. First thought about Canon or Nikon. But read lots of tests about it, and people's feedback, good price too. Videos in HD TV quality, great picturetaking just like a more expensive Nikon or Canon SLR. I prefer compact cameras for easy to throw in pocket of jacket, carrying around on holiday etc. The blitz is popup and can be adjusted angle so the blitz wont go directly at the object of interest, making for better pics. And it takes great pics in the dark. And lots more reasons. :grin:
I am so excited! Also bought a tripod for it.
Sir T wrote:So a Chess playing, Model building, Beer Drinking, Mountain Hiking AC/DC fan who likes cats – You’re Cool you are! ;-)
Flatter will get you anywhere, thanks mate. ;-)
Yes I love cats, too bad I appear to be allergic now. I got itchyness and runny nose when I brough the kittens home and cuddled with them. Worth it though. Hmmm I should visit them again soon.

You better take your foot out of the mouth now, it's not suppose to be up there you know. :-D :ha:

Return to “Aero-themed Autos”