Sign-up and Chat

Yet another attempt to persuade rationale people these things actually can fly ....
Runs December 1st to 31st.
GB Leader is Lancfan.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by splash »

bluesteel wrote:I'm tempted to join this one even though it might mean breaking my 'finish-two-unfinished-builds-before-starting-a-new-one' rule. Although I could add the coelacanth: 'with the exception of Group Builds' ... :grin:

I have a Puma, Gazelle or Bell 47 Sioux pleading with me to be built, all of which were a constant background when growing up as a child at RAF Ternhill in the early 70's which was a helicopter training school at the time.
I built the Bell 47 for a previous GB and I can really recommend it, it's a sweet little kit that takes up very little space.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
BlohmWolf
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by BlohmWolf »

Prisca wrote:Well, Blohm, you have plenty of time to go out and buy one. ;-)
No LMS stocks them. Ebay would.take until January, plus I'm broke! :ha:
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

splash wrote:
bluesteel wrote:I'm tempted to join this one even though it might mean breaking my 'finish-two-unfinished-builds-before-starting-a-new-one' rule. Although I could add the coelacanth: 'with the exception of Group Builds' ... :grin:

I have a Puma, Gazelle or Bell 47 Sioux pleading with me to be built, all of which were a constant background when growing up as a child at RAF Ternhill in the early 70's which was a helicopter training school at the time.
I built the Bell 47 for a previous GB and I can really recommend it, it's a sweet little kit that takes up very little space.

Regards Splash
Bell 47 Sioux it is then. I presume it was the Italeri Bell 47 rather than the Pavla version? I don't fancy all the PE of the Pavla, at least to finish in the month...
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

bluesteel wrote:
splash wrote:

Regards Splash
Bell 47 Sioux it is then. I presume it was the Italeri Bell 47 rather than the Pavla version? I don't fancy all the PE of the Pavla, at least to finish in the month...
It was the Italeri Bell 47 here is the link to my build
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
DHDrover

Post by DHDrover »

Space for finished helicopters has been mentioned and I am wondering why manufacturers do not give the folded blades option if appropriate.

Dai
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Post by Sissel »

I had hoped to finish the Cobra in time.
But I'll be busy New Years Eve (doh!), and tomorrow I'm off (with the family visiting from Oslo) to the city on the mainland for shopping and dining out.
I'll continue the work on them in my workbench thread.

Thanks to David for leading this GB! :grin:
Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...

Return to “Whirlybirds IV”