Phil's Black Widow

The Secret Santa GB for 2013. Gifts are on the sleigh, or maybe already arrived, to be opened on December 25th, with the build running until January 31st.
Come join the merriment !!!
GBL is the Management.
philp
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Phil's Black Widow

Post by philp »

Got a coat of flesh on the fleshy bits but looks like she will need another. Did get the boots sprayed black even with the snow falling. Have got to get a paintbox.

Glued on the arms and had to do a little putty work around the joints so tonight will be sand that down. Maybe I will try to spray the uniform before I continue with the flesh coat.
No way she will be done tomorrow but still have a chance for Sunday. We shall see.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

We finally got some snow here today....and that messed up my plans! Hope you can get her done over the weekend AND spend that quality time with your daughter. 8-)
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
philp

Post by philp »

We did the halfway drive today (about 5 hrs roundtrip) and get to take her back on Sunday. She will be in the workshop pretty much all day tomorrow except for when I get her for lunch so I should have time during the day. Got to try and get a coat on the uniform tonight. Going to be pushing it, especially if I decide to watch the commercials on Sunday.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Well, as a long-standing Seahawks fan, I'll be watching the game..... :ha:
Paul

Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

I'm not a Seahawks fan but I am even less of a Broncos fan.
Go Hawks!
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
philp

Post by philp »

OK, so didn't finish in time but still working on her. Here are the latest after tonight.

The uniform is basically done. The hold up is the skin (the reason my Secret Santa got me the kit in the first place) and the hair. Don't like the enamel paint I used for her initial flesh coat. It didn't cover well and think it is too light. Need to hit the LHS and pick up some Vallejo flesh tones and then should be able to get where I want it. Have the hair colors already but want the face done or mostly done before adding the hair parts as looks like they will need a little putty between the pieces.

If it is ok with the Mods I would like to keep the thread here and then I will post finished pics in my Workbench folder.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Looks great, Phil. I guess we can leave it open for a little while - do you think you will be done after the weekend?
Paul

philp

Post by philp »

That is the goal Paul.

Return to “Secret Santa 2013”