The Ticket Office and Lobby

Models representing museum displays whether the whole item or a component - any subject, any scale, not just aircraft.
Runs 1-31 January 2014
Your GB Leader is Lancfan
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

The Ticket Office and Lobby

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Here sign-up and chat while awaiting your visit to the UAMF Museum Display GB.

This thread is a continuation of this one, this one, and finally this one.

I think we settled on any museum display piece, air, armor, sea, car, rail, etc, -- whether it be a complete item, or just a component thereof. It would not be limited to specific museum displays, however, but allow anything that could be a museum-like display. If you do a complete item, it must replicate a museum display. If you do a piece of an item, then it may replicate a museum display, or it may be done like a museum display but need not have a real-life counterpart.

Lancfan will sort it all out for you.
BlohmWolf
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: The Ticket Office and Lobby

Post by BlohmWolf »

Ok....I might just step in here...

Well, hello everyone! My possible plan for this GB is taking the old Airfix Ju-88 and giving it live again.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

I shall definitely be having a go with this one, being a fan of aviation and railway museums and avid (though very amateur) photographer of the subjects contained therein.

My main bug bear at this time of year is why wait until Jan 01 as the start date when many folks like myself will be knocking about at home on their Christmas holidays and could be getting stuck in straight away. This applies to any GBs at this time of years, not just to this particular one. Could the rules be relaxed for this one possibly please?!

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

I would like to have a go at this one if it is not too late?

As I live in Stoke-on-Trent, the birthplace of Reginald Mitchell, I reckon I must do a Spitfire, and luckily the local Museum has one in its exhibits. It is in the process of being repaired so should make quite an entertaining/challenging build
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
fredk

Post by fredk »

The 1/32 cars I build are my miniature car museum. There is one special exhibit I want to build for it but I want to mention it here in case anyone has any objections to it. If there are objections I wont build it as part of this GB.
I wish to build Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow's Ford V8 just as it was exhibited days after their justified killing. I intend to build the model car with bullet holes and smashed windows as it was in 1934. I have photos of it from that time for reference.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

fredk wrote:The 1/32 cars I build are my miniature car museum. There is one special exhibit I want to build for it but I want to mention it here in case anyone has any objections to it. If there are objections I wont build it as part of this GB.
I wish to build Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow's Ford V8 just as it was exhibited days after their justified killing. I intend to build the model car with bullet holes and smashed windows as it was in 1934. I have photos of it from that time for reference.
It's up to Lancfan to make the call, but it seems that car is in a "museum" and so eligible ....
http://www.vegas.com/attractions/near-l ... clyde-car/;
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

beany wrote:I shall definitely be having a go with this one, being a fan of aviation and railway museums and avid (though very amateur) photographer of the subjects contained therein.

My main bug bear at this time of year is why wait until Jan 01 as the start date when many folks like myself will be knocking about at home on their Christmas holidays and could be getting stuck in straight away. This applies to any GBs at this time of years, not just to this particular one. Could the rules be relaxed for this one possibly please?!

Cheers
Al.
I have no problems with it, but it is up to Lancfan to make the call ....
fredk

Post by fredk »

jRatz wrote:
fredk wrote:The 1/32 cars I build are my miniature car museum. There is one special exhibit I want to build for it but I want to mention it here in case anyone has any objections to it. If there are objections I wont build it as part of this GB.
It's up to Lancfan to make the call, but it seems that car is in a "museum" and so eligible ....
http://www.vegas.com/attractions/near-l ... clyde-car/;
Thats not the actual last car they had though. 8-)

In my time as a motoring journalist I've come across dozens of cars which are put across as famous cars, but aren't the real ones.
I've seen 8 Cadillacs which all were supposed to be the 'actual' one Elvis shot.
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

Fred, It was on public display so that is fine.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

jRatz wrote:
beany wrote:My main bug bear at this time of year is why wait until Jan 01 as the start date when many folks like myself will be knocking about at home on their Christmas holidays and could be getting stuck in straight away. This applies to any GBs at this time of years, not just to this particular one. Could the rules be relaxed for this one possibly please?!

Cheers
Al.
I have no problems with it, but it is up to Lancfan to make the call ....
I'm happy with that Al so let building commence, enjoy.
Happy New Year.

David.
David.

splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I'm sorry I could not spend more time working on this GB.

I would like to thank David for running it, as it's a great idea for a GB and a subject that I think we should run with again.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

I agree wholeheartedly with Splash. Thanks to David for looking after us during the build, and for suggesting it in the first place. Lets hope this can be run again as it was quite a challenging, but fun, Group Build idea.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Yes, I quite agree - a great idea for a GB that takes us far from the usual fare.
Hopefully it will be an inspiration for other GBs where models are placed not just in a theme, but in a context, if you will.
Well Done, David !!
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

Thank you very much John, and a thank you to everyone for joining in, I am glad you all enjoyed it. It has been a challenge and I think it was also a lot of fun. I would like to join those who wished for another Museum GB and say that I would also like to build to this theme again and if you all wish it so I would be happy to lead Museum 2 when we decide to stage it. So with 37 hours of the extension left I will close this post and get on with my Shackleton or I will not get it done on time.

David.
David.

fredk

Post by fredk »

Never got finished; bit of a problem with the silver I sprayed onto the P51.

Good subject; would do again; bring it on.
Thanks

Return to “Museum Displays”