UAMF's signature event.
Runs 1st February to March 2nd.
GB Leader is Jssel.
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Re: Sissel cruises a double + a Kikka ** Sunday 23rd **

Post by Sissel »

I'm not up to it, Shaun. :ha:
Plus the Kikka is already giving me problems, I knew this wasn't a blitz kit.

I have started, but the port on my laptop refuses to accept SD card, so I can't upload pics. :cry:
It does that sometimes, then suddenly it works again. Oh now the port suddenly works, just took five minutes. LOL.
So here's the pic. Ships remain intact, even sealed in the bag, still. :lol:

Instruction of cockpit assembly of Kikka is simply horrible. Seems easy but it's not. Plus drawing of pieces doesn't match how they actually look like (part 32). Oh and no parts are numbered on the sprues, I have to switch to first page all the time and look for placement. Stress! Why do I choose to do this to myself? It's torture! :-D
There's a storm outside and rain pouring down, cold. I'd rather cuddle up infront of the fireplace with a glass of red wine, a book and a blanket!

I know I've already done it wrong. The assembly doesn't match with the picture upper left (see above), because if I'd do the floor like in the picture the back seat would vanish into the fuselage, and it doesn't match the next drawing in the sheet either, seeing how it's suppose to look from the underside. Nothing makes sense here. Anyway, I ditched several of the cockpit pieces, knowing I do it wrong. I'll put the darn thing in and roughly paint it. Much wont show anyway. I'm just super stressed and want to get the fuselage together. It's my model and I'll do what I want, even though the rear pilot has to fly 'blind'. ;-)

Remembering nose weight! :shock:

Ships remain untouched and they probably will for some hours. They will be a challenge too, all that painting, and white.

Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
Sissel

Re: Sissel cruises a double + a Kikka ** Started **

Post by Sissel »

Battery on camera is dead. Put that on charging.

Managed to cut myself a little deep, so now have a big plaster on my long finger, making it hard to type. Hurts a bit. Oooh the pain in a blitz. :ha:
Headache is getting to the point of nasty.
I knew today would be a bad day for blitzing. Tired, hardly no sleep, headache. I don't want to stress myself to the point of waking up tomorrow with migraine so I'll miss the forest hike. I am thinking of cancelling. Kinda pathetic, was hoping to beat my own blitz record, but not for the sake of my health. Plus building today is no fun at all. Any other day, these kits wouldn't be a problem.

The ship kits are not started, all untouched. Lots of different painting and tiny parts. But easy to build to a decent standard within 24 hours. But not now.

I have wasted enough time off the bench. Time to make a decision. I'll most likely cancel as I don't see the point of forcing to build when you'd rather do other things. It's suppose to be fun, not work. The Kikka would then end up in the bin anyway, I was very close to throwing it there a little while ago.
despondman
Active Participant

Re: Sissel cruises a double + a Kikka ** Started **

Post by despondman »

Your right it is about fun, if your not going to enjoy it then why do it. Don't force it. If you do carry on though then good luck, I do not know how people manage two kits in a day, never mind three.
Sissel

Re: Sissel cruises a double + a Kikka ** Cancelled **

Post by Sissel »

Right, I see I've forgotton paint conversions on all the kits. Yay! :evil:
The cockpit assembly loosened, lead loosened, third time I'm using superglue.

I can't be bothered. This is so boring and my head is exploding.
I'll cancel the rest of blitzes this month too. I'm done.

Allthough blitzing is fun I've wrecked enough kits this blitzbau. And when you get to the point you clench your hand and almost, almost smash a kit, you know it's best to step away (yes I have a temper!). I will 'rebuild' the Kikka cockpit and start over, another day. This kit also has PE, not justified for a blitz at all!

I'm also utterly nervous about the check up on Tuesday, they'll probably find out then if I need an operation at the hospital. That's not helping either.

I'm gonna pour myself a hot bath instead. Then do as I wrote earlier, get a book, a blanket and cuddle up infront of the fireplace with red wine. Much more fun on this stormy day. :grin:
WheresMyMojo
Getting well comfy!

Re: Sissel cruises a double + a Kikka ** Cancelled **

Post by WheresMyMojo »

Well done anyway, you've built more kits in this build than I'd do in a good year! Breathe....and relax....
Graham

The...errr...modeler...formerly known as 'chuffchuff'
hypostomus
Getting well comfy!

Re: Sissel cruises a double + a Kikka ** Resigned **

Post by hypostomus »

I've built that Kikka kit and it was a s*d. I finished it by sheer bloody minded determination rather than enjoying it. AZ kits are odd, they seem to either go together great or appallingly with no in between. I built their Fairchild Argus kit at the same time and that went together fine with no problems at all, not even a problem with all the struts.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Sorry to hear this Sissel. But you have set the bar for this Blitzbau. Get feeling better soonest.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Time to take a little break, Sissel. Kick back, relax, come back refreshed later. What are you reading?
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

No worries Sissel, this was an ambitious attempt, more importantly I hope your checkup is fine on Tuesday. I think you've made the right decision. You've really got to be in the mood to blitz, it is after all modelling under a lot of pressure. Enjoy the afternoon on the sofa instead.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Take a break you deserve it.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Jaime
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Jaime »

I'm amazed that you have got so far before needing a break - there's no way I could build continuously as you have with the speed and intensity required for a Blitz. After doing my first two this month, that's enough for me and the second was split over two days because the 'all nighter' for the first one was a little bit too much like deadline driven 'all nighters' I sometimes have to do at work!

More importantly, get well soon :)
Complete: Airfix 1/400 Mary Rose, 1/72: Airfix Swordfish Mk1 Floatplane, Airfix R.A.F. R.E.8, Airfix Hannover CL.111a, Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero, Curtiss P40B Warhawk
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

You have been so prolific for ages and ages. You deserve to take a break and come back to it when you're ready. Good luck at your checkup.

David
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

A shame the kikka won't get built. But it really isn't that great in fitting together. Hope your headache and your cut heals up soon.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
Sissel

Post by Sissel »

Cheers guys, and thanks.

It would be a whole lot different if I built the Kikka a day I felt up to it, and not with two other kits same time. The kit also has a small PE sheet, something I'd most likely ditch in a blitz (not studied what the parts are though). I should have also OPENED all three kits and studied instructions, found the correct paint, how the assembly of the cockpit should be etc. BEFORE starting the blitz. :lol:

I did blitz the awful Airfix P-39 Airacobra last year. I do like challenges, but not along with two other kits. :roll: :-D

Still a pounding headache, forest hike was cancelled due to weather.

Return to “Blitzbau XIV”