Sign-up and Chat

For any Focke-Wulf aircraft, not just the 190 - any scale, any era, etc.
Runs: June 1st to 30th; your GBL is BlohmWolf.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by iggie »

TobyC wrote:Now this is the cheapest I've seen of the Airfix 190.
Free P&P but the sale ends in 14 hours.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airfix-1-72-F ... 3f2a228a3c;
That's a good price! I've already built one, and don't really need another....... :???: :???: :???:
(Get thee behind me Satan ebay.... :evil: :shock: )
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

I will be building an Airfix FW 190A, another of my "WWII Aircraft of the Aces" collection.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
Sissel
Modelling Lady and Scholar

Post by Sissel »

I've not forgotton this GB, the 'only' reason I bought my Focke Wulf.
I'm hoping to get time to start this when I come back from holiday mid June. :)
Confused as always, and somewhere in hiding on the Scandinavian peninsula...
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

So....is this the only group build where the GB leader didn't build anything? :shock: :???:

What happened BlohmWolf? I thought you had one lined up for this?
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

I was planning on making the Fw-190 F-8, but I kind of lost of the go with it and I doubt I could finish it within a week and a bit. I've wanted to make my own thing this month, even if the GBs were going on and I had in fact, been GBL.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Blohm. Being a Group Build Leader carries with it certain responsibilities, not least of which is to participate in the build and encourage the other participants and deal with their queries etc. I'm afraid that you seem to have left this GB to its own devices.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

I'm not sure I'll be able to build anything in a week (still got a Typhoon to finish), but I am hoping for a 1/48th '190....
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

ShaunW wrote:Blohm. Being a Group Build Leader carries with it certain responsibilities, not least of which is to participate in the build and encourage the other participants and deal with their queries etc. I'm afraid that you seem to have left this GB to its own devices.
It doesn't state anywhere that the GB leader has to also make his own model. As said in the guidelines:

5. Once the forum is open, GB members may establish their own threads, post box-art and parts photos, start the general chit-chat, etc, before the official start date -- just don't do any work on the model(s). It is not a requirement, but it is prefered, that each modeller have their thread and/or their work started on the official start date. People may joint the GB after it has started.

6. The GBL should encourage all participants to post final photos and to write some sort of closing summary of their build before the GB ends. Two to three days after the end date, the GBL will advise the GBC that it is finished, then the GB will be locked to further posts and moved to the Completed GB forum.
But I have been encouraging people with their models, as they have been fantastic to see built up. Then again, I could make the Fw-190 now I think about it. I just have to sweep a crusty old FROG F-4 to the side and I can start.

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

BlohmWolf wrote: It doesn't state anywhere that the GB leader has to also make his own model. As said in the guidelines:
See Section D Paragraph 4. However, as the proposer of a GB, you don't necessarily have to be the GBL and could put it to the vote. For example, I lead a helicopter GB a couple of years ago that I didn't propose. But if you do decide to be GBL then it is preferable that you start at the beginning with the rest of the team. Sorry if I'm coming across as being a bit pedantic. Anyway, you've made a start now so better late than never.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

Fingers crossed I should have an old Airfix Fw190D-9 by Wednesday, so if I can I'll squeeze into this build by the skin of my teeth!
Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

Sorry everyone, as frustrating as it is for me, exams and hard work over the next week mean I can not partake in the making of my own model. I will do my best to monitor the GB and push along the builders.

Continue on as normal.

K5083
Active Participant

Post by K5083 »

Well, I for one did not miss the hand holding or even notice you were not building anything. Focus on what's important, most of us will muddle through somehow! Although I'm projecting my Dora will miss the deadline by a week.

August
A good model is any model you can walk away from.

Return to “Focke-Wulf aircraft”