Paul's Eduard Tempest

Honoring the 70th Anniversary of D-Day, 6 June 1944, this GB is dedicated to units and equipment of both sides who participated on that day.
The GB runs 6 June to 20 July; your GBL is Lancfan.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Paul's Eduard Tempest

Post by PaulBradley »

My intent is to build the Eduard 1/48 Tempest - I played with the bits this afternoon and I am beginning to feel the stirrings of enthusiasm.... :roll:
I haven't really touched anything for around 6 weeks now - it's been a bit of a puzzle to me why it is that I lost my desire to build, but I am hoping I am coming out of that rather dark hole now. :-|

I shall be on 'summer hours' at work from now until the end of July - that means every Friday off - so, aside from mandatory World Cup viewing, I'll have a bit more potential modeling time.

To the kit. First, the obligatory box art shot:

:ha: This is how it was sold to me at a model show around 5 years ago. I paid next to nothing for it, so I've not much to lose financially from a failure to complete. ;-)

Most of the parts have been removed from the sprues - here are the main airframe parts:

...and the rest of the bits:

Typical earlier Eduard offering - quite crude in places. Which means it's a good job they provided some resin bits as well.....:

I'm pretty sure the erk, box and barrel aren't part of the Eduard kit, nor is the rather too large Squadron vacform canopy. Any spares will be donated to the ancient AMT kit I have in my stash - the extra propellers may be useful... ;-)

The original owner had taken the first step in correcting the biggest issue with this kit - the far too short rear fuselage:

Not particularly neatly done, but it will be OK once I've worked on it. Saves me the trouble.... :lol:

I have a set of Aeromaster decals for an Invasion striped machine - luckily, as the kit decals weren't included when I bought the kit. :-|
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Re: Paul's Eduard Tempest

Post by lancfan »

Should look good when done especially with the resin extras.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Martin R »

Paul,

Yep, that should be a nice one. As there's limited financial outlay, you can perhaps have a fun no pressure build?

regards,

Martin
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Cheers, guys.
Martin R wrote:As there's limited financial outlay, you can perhaps have a fun no pressure build.
That's the plan, Martin - but we all know about plans...! ;-) Seriously, I'm hoping this will be exactly that, so I can get back in the swing of things.
Paul

PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Just not happening for me at the moment - I'm pulling out. A serious lack of motivation and enthusiasm for all things modeling.
Paul

iggie

Post by iggie »

Hope you get back in the saddle again soon 8-)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

PaulBradley wrote:Just not happening for me at the moment - I'm pulling out. A serious lack of motivation and enthusiasm for all things modeling.
No worries, Paul. When it's not happening, it's not happening and that's all there is to it.

regards,

Martin
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Cheers, guys - it'll come back eventually; it always does.
Paul

Return to “D-Day 70th Anniversary”