Fighting the Beau

FROG model kits, any and all, to include re-pops.
Runs 1st to 30th September.
Your GB Leader is Molly-new
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Fighting the Beau

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Cockpit, paint, it all looks excellent - what's missing ? Pilot's canopy ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Martin R »

jRatz wrote:Cockpit, paint, it all looks excellent - what's missing ? Pilot's canopy ?
Thanks John.

The canopy still needs some framing. I've painted some clear decal film and I'm going to try to start that tonight. I've also faired in the observer's canopy now with white glue and painted it. Undercarriage doors and 'hedgehog' exhaust outlets have been added, and the fairing for the DF loop on the rear spine behind the canopy is also on.

Still to do: canopy framing, paint exhaust collector rings and hedgehog outlets, cut out and apply painted decal cannon muzzle covers, cut out and apply painted decal cannon shell outlets, do the rest of the decals, wash, weather, apply Pitot head, then coat of satin varnish. Simples!

regards,

Martin
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Martin R wrote:
jRatz wrote:Cockpit, paint, it all looks excellent - what's missing ? Pilot's canopy ?
Thanks John.

Still to do: canopy framing just windscreen now to do, paint exhaust collector rings and hedgehog outlets, cut out and apply painted decal cannon muzzle covers, cut out and apply painted decal cannon shell outlets, do the rest of the decals, wash, weather, apply Pitot head, then coat of satin varnish. Simples!

regards,

Martin
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Hi folks,

So, I'm still beavering away to get this finished. Tonight, I have finished the canopy frame lines, the rest of the decalling and added an overall coat of Klear. Here's how she looks:

I now wish to employ the enamel dot technique to add a bit of variation to the surface colours, followed by more klear and a watercolour panel line wash to dirty things up a bit, but I find I'm out of enamel thinners to dilute the paint, so here's how she'll remain until I can visit the LMS.

Thanks for keeping the forum open!

regards,

Martin
dogsbody
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.
Location: The Backside of Beyond ( Northeast Alberta, Canada )

Post by dogsbody »

Are you going to paint the exhaust collector rings on the fronts of the cowlings?
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

dogsbody wrote:Are you going to paint the exhaust collector rings on the fronts of the cowlings?
That I am.

regards,

Martin

Return to “FROG Models”