Miguelito's Phantom - NOT finished

Classic Jets are pre-1970, both the aircraft and the markings.
Runs 1st to 30th September.
Your GBL is Sir T.
mjatx
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Miguelito's Phantom

Post by mjatx »

ShaunW wrote:Looking good now, slightly bum Academy decals aside. If there is one issue, I think you have the shark's mouth too far back and have maybe painted the nose cone too far along the fuselage towards the cockpit. The nose cone on the F-4E is relatively short although the nose is longer than the non-gun armed versions (when I was building my Airfix version of the E late last year/early this year I must have stared at a million F-4E pics!). Tell me to mind my own business if you like :ha:
I've got to agree with you. The nose on the F-4e was longer, but I definitely painted too much of it black on this one. See what I get for following the kit instructions? :roll: Actually, I think the kit instructions would have had me paint it camo grey...not sure if that is right either.

Thanks to all for the compliments!
mjatx

Post by mjatx »

The Phantom is inching closer to the finish line...and deadline of the group build. :shock:

Here's the latest "progress"...

...not much new, other than some armament and drop tanks. I have maybe 30 minutes of work left on this one before I call it done...I should have finished it much sooner than now, but as usual, work/life have found a way to get in the way of modeling...not always a bad thing, but more often that not, always a necessary thing.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Oh wow, I love Phantoms. She's really looking the part now with tanks and missiles.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
mjatx

Re: Miguelito's Phantom - NOT finished

Post by mjatx »

I don't really have that much left to complete on this one, but it hasn't moved any closer than the last picture on this one. It's getting late and I'm tired, and completing the Me-262 got the last of my modeling "juices" tonight... :frown: ...figuratively speaking of course!

It'll be finished on my Workbench Window, which has been neglected recently.

This GB was a lot of fun, and it was great to see all of the fantastic early jets.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Miguelito's Phantom - NOT finished

Post by Stuart »

No worries - what you've got so far looks great!

Thanks for joining in!

Cheers

Stuart!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Classic Jets”