MarkyM607's Mirage IVA/P ***FINISHED***

Any aircraft, any kit, any scale, as long as it is in French markings.
Runs October 4th to November 2nd. Your GBL is Lancfan.
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: MarkyM607's Mirage IVA/P ***FINISHED***

Post by MarkyM607 »

Phew, finally sorted her last night and finished everything. In the end I printed my own unit markings for the tail, not too good in the pic but at 1/72 they are not very big and detail is slightly lost by reducing them!. Still they look good in real life. I also modified the kit codes by repainting 'CE' to 'CB'. Really pleased with the outcome and she looks good in her FAF markings (don't tell anyone I complemented a French aircraft!! :ha: ). The repaired nose wheel decided to depart from the rest of the model the other day but luckily stayed almost where it was. All repaired with the help of Mr Super Glue!.

Dassault Mirage IVP, RAF Fairford July 1994 RIAT, based at Mont-De-Marsan France.
Image.
Have enjoyed this kit and GB, the Heller Mirage IV is a nice kit with no issues apart from a very slightly poor fitting canopy, although this was easily sorted with PVA and paint. Markings have no unit badges but otherwise good and go on well. :grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Migrant
Happily Landed after Many Circuits and Bumps

Post by Migrant »

Nice job Marky, it's a big aircraft isn't it? Your tail decals look good, are they ink-jet printed?
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Hi Migrant, thanks. I use our simple but fairly effective Canon ip1900 printer which I believe is ink-jet yes. Sometimes needs going through twice on colours but black comes out okay first time so I usually separate the two. Have to put her next to my old Mirage 2000 to show the size difference!. :grin:
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

Blimey that's a biggun. :shock: Nice finish to the paintwork
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Thanks, looks a bit thick on the tail shot, didn't realise I could get such close close-ups with the old camcorder!!!. The tail marking looks odd because I used a badge printed on clear paper for a base then put on a full colour one (white backed paper), got it scuffed so put another on top, looks okay normal distance but wonky in close up!.

P.S. due to the size in 1/72nd and the capabilities (or lack thereof) of our art programme the badge looks a bit odd but really does work in normal viewing distance!. Also looks this way because the first one I drew would have covered the tail so had to reduce it down!!.
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

Actually I think the finish on the tail gives it a somewhat weathered look not dissimilar to what you seen on aircraft left outside at museums. I like it.
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto

Return to “French-marked Aircraft GB”