Hey Guess what - it's another Hobbyboss Mig-15 *fin(ish)ed*

Air, land, sea equipment used by satellite countries of the USSR from the end of WW2 to the breakup in 1989. Runs November 1st to 30th.
Your GBL is Dazzled.
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Hey Guess what - it's another Hobbyboss Mig-15!

Post by Dazzled »

A couple of possibilities spring to mind Stu. You could put a squashed fishing weight or two discretely in the nose u/c bay; You could drill a hole underneath, just behind the cockpit rear bulkhead, feed lead in through it, then fill and sand the hole or; you could push a long drill through the front of the jet pipe and drop weight in that way. Any weight you do put in though must be accompanied by glue.

Otherwise you just end up with a scale model baby's rattle ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

I hear what you're saying Darryl - another way wouldbe to mount it on a stand - or add weight into the cockpit - either way means I'm scuppered for finishing by friday.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Right then folks - I need to do some more on this to get it to sit on it's nose, so I'm going to call this finished for this GB as this is probably the most complete it'll look before Friday's deadline.

It's a really nice kit this, and now I know it's pitfalls I'm hopeing the next one will be better. I'm going to sort this one out on my Workbench Window thread - see link below.

So it's a 99.99% finish from me.

Really enjoyed this GB and thanks to our GBL for coming up with it - it's been fun!

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Hey Guess what - it's another Hobbyboss Mig-15 *fin(ish)

Post by Dazzled »

Nice work Stu. I'll look forward to seeing further fettling on your workbench thread :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Iron Curtain GB”