Sign-up and Chat

Welcome to UAMF's first ever Paper Model GB - Origami are us.
Runs November 12th to December 24th. Your GBL is SJPONeill.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I'm real close myself but with the holidays and a misplaced MOJO I'm having a tough time finishing.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
K5083
Active Participant

Post by K5083 »

Same here, I will need until the weekend at least.

August
A good model is any model you can walk away from.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

Yep, I'm up for that...they're been some great completions already and it would be good to give an stragglers a bit more time...it probably won't help me as I am house/pet sitting away from home (guess what i left behind?)...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Thanks. I could no doubt make that new deadline.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
carlos
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by carlos »

Yes - many thanks for the extension.
I got to within 2 or 3hrs worth of work remaining, then got bogged down with family life/Christmas, etc..
(Car battery dying, and setting EVERYTHING back didn't help much either)

Sun 28th is a realistic deadline I could also manage to meet.
Currently on bench: ICM 1/72 Tupolev Tu-2
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Well done Simon for running a brilliant GB, I have learnt new skills and I'm now fully converted over to the dark sidtes of modelling (card & AFV's).

Apologies for the DNF, but two out of three was better than I thought I would have finished and the two I did finish looked better than I thought they would.

What this GB has high lighted to me is the vast range of excellent card kits that are out there and the range of subjects is just unbelievable.

Thanks again Simon for running a first class GB.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Yes, even though I'm in the last few pieces, I really did enjoy this GB and am glad that Simon proposed it and ran it to completion.

My rail car was a stalled project that became a good trail run for the full range of kits and so it was well worth the time spent.
The SS Olympic was a stretch -- too many tiny pieces and too little time. It's a great kit that I'd love to do again, but in a larger scale.
I have a reasonable stash of paper kits, many from before, some from the time span of this GB. My next project will be a re-scaled Gun Carrier for a 6-pdr I already have built.

Once exposed to paper/card, it is an eye-opener as to the range of kits available, many prohibitively expensive in styrene or resin when demand is factored in. The ability to rescale, recolor, and reprint adds another dimension of flexibility - and oops correction.

Thanks again, Simon, and all who participated !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

Wow!! What a result!! 16 starts and most completed too...even if the GBL DNF'd you have to give me points for consistency!!!

Thanks to everyone that took a deep breath, closed their eyes and put knife to paper for this GB, more so to those that took on multiple models. I was originally attracted to paper models for much the same reasons as John above and find that they are often a mojo-revitalising change (is as good as a holiday) from more conventional forms of modelling...

I'm humbled that so many of you took the plunge in the GB and more so that you have turned out such great results: thank you so much as it has added so much to my role as GBL.

This sort of GB may be something we that we do again sometime but I think that now the seeds have been sown and we'll be seeing more models from other media in the 'normal' GBs.

Thanks again

Simon
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

If we do have another card GB and I hope we do, please sign me up now.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “Paper Models GB”